Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Retroftit/Bypass to play music in 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 11:57 PM
BlakeColn
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bluetooth Retroftit/Bypass to play music in 997.2

FINALLY!!! After trying out tons of different Aux to USB connections to retrofit bluetooth into my 997.2, I finally found the one! It's affordable, works flawlessly, and best yet... NO LOUD FREQUENCY BUZZING. I can say confidently that it connects my phone faster than any other car I've ever had bluetooth in. If you're looking to update your car to play music through bluetooth order yourself one of these from the amazon link I attached. It shows up within 2-3 days too!
https://amzn.to/3nQcXwe
Old 12-24-2020, 12:24 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by BlakeColn
FINALLY!!! After trying out tons of different Aux to USB connections to retrofit bluetooth into my 997.2, I finally found the one! It's affordable, works flawlessly, and best yet... NO LOUD FREQUENCY BUZZING. I can say confidently that it connects my phone faster than any other car I've ever had bluetooth in. If you're looking to update your car to play music through bluetooth order yourself one of these from the amazon link I attached. It shows up within 2-3 days too!
Does this one support track display on the HU, switching, etc. If so, this is a bargain compared to other options. I’ve got the bovee, and it works fine with no noise but costs more.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:52 PM
BlakeColn
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I just made a Youtube video showing everything it does,

The following users liked this post:
ABNJOE (10-30-2021)
Old 12-24-2020, 05:18 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts

I just made a Youtube video showing everything it does,

https://youtu.be/yxyE-pcwx_k
I’d still shell out the extra $65 for the bovee that plugs into the iPod interface and gives you full access to traverse the music folders, search, and advance tracks from the receiver.

Bovee 1000 Wireless Music Interface Adapter for in Car iPod Integration
Amazon Amazon
Old 12-24-2020, 10:26 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 197 Posts

Bovee 1000 rocks!

Nothing out there I'd swap it for, and I'm always open to upgrade.

Great value.

Bob
Old 12-25-2020, 04:38 PM
poorshe
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Bovee in a 2011 997.2. All the functions you show using got me excited. When tried to activate my screen says function not available. Any advice? I have Bose radio. Also Bovee can be annoying as often have to unplug and then plug to make it go on. This cheaper device sure is tempting.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:57 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

How are you attaching the above so you can use the car’s screen to change music? Neither my iPhone nor my old Android allowed me to do that. I still have to change music via the phone. All I see on the screen is the “AUX” graphic.
Old 12-25-2020, 11:59 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 197 Posts

I use an iPhone 12 with a Bovee and am able to use either the phone or PCM's controls almost every time.

There have been two random occasions when I had to use the phone's controls but I put that down to gremlins as it's usually fixed when I park the car, lock it, and come back later.

Wish I could give you more information...just seems to work as advertised/I thought it would.

Bob

Edit: There are times I have switched between "AUX" and "iPOD" (IIRC) and found PCM controls to work more consistently...I think it's on iPOD. You may want to try going between the two sources, playing from iTunes and seeing if you hit "Details" (I think...) to see your music come up. Sorry, doing this all from memory as the baby is hibernating till spring.

Last edited by VT Blue; 12-26-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:49 AM
FamilyMan928
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Will this work in a 997.1?
Old 01-01-2021, 01:12 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by VT Blue
I use an iPhone 12 with a Bovee and am able to use either the phone or PCM's controls almost every time.

There have been two random occasions when I had to use the phone's controls but I put that down to gremlins as it's usually fixed when I park the car, lock it, and come back later.

Wish I could give you more information...just seems to work as advertised/I thought it would.

Bob

Edit: There are times I have switched between "AUX" and "iPOD" (IIRC) and found PCM controls to work more consistently...I think it's on iPOD. You may want to try going between the two sources, playing from iTunes and seeing if you hit "Details" (I think...) to see your music come up. Sorry, doing this all from memory as the baby is hibernating till spring.
Bob, you are remembering correctly. Probably once a month I need to toggle between “AUX” and “IPOD” to get mine to work or the volume will not respond up or down.
VT Blue (01-02-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 07:20 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Well, I figured out my issue. I got the Bovee when I had an Android and AUX was the only source that would work with that phone and there was no ability to see info on the screen.

When I switched back to iPhone a month ago, I continued to use the AUX source for playback. After reading through this thread, I simply changed the source to IPOD and the track info popped right up. Awesome.
VT Blue (01-02-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 05:21 PM
dbmix
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe better options now.

I chose a newer device that uses Bluetooth 5.0 ( newer standard that my phone supports ) and no complaints about high pitched whine. I will comment further only if I am not pleased with the device when it arrives tomorrow.
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-13-2023, 09:46 PM
Reynoldsphilips
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice evolution
Old 06-22-2023, 08:57 AM
Cnair
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts

@Carlos4S What reverse camera did you end up installing? I have an issue where my reverse camera is pointing too low and it's also flickering and not staying on consistently.
Thanks
Old 06-22-2023, 09:30 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Also have the bovee... got it way way back... it was called viseeo then... just wondering if there had been any changes to the new bovee wma1000 that are on sale now versus the one I got more than 10 years ago... technology has for sure moved up but has the bovee also moved up?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Retroftit/Bypass to play music in 997.2