Sponsored by:

Ummm Lock/Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 07:56 PM
Nolan386
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ummm Lock/Alarm question

So I just picked up a 2006 carrera 4s yesterday and unfortunately it came with 1 remote. Also only the hood release button works on it, the lock unlock button does not. I plan on getting other keys, however I used the key to lock the car and just unlocked it in my garage opened the door and the alarm sounds and hazards blink, the sounds stop after about 30 secs but hazards blink until I relock the door. So I unlock the door again manually with key and notice the little red light is still blinking.....

Am I doing something wrong, i figured a manual key unlock would be sufficient to deactivate the alarm or am I fu*ked?
Old 12-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Vethen
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

When you unlock the car manually with the key you need to insert the key into the ignition quickly. If the car doesn’t detect the transponder inside of it, the alarm will sound assuming your car was pick-locked.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:47 PM
Nolan386
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vethen
When you unlock the car manually with the key you need to insert the key into the ignition quickly. If the car doesn’t detect the transponder inside of it, the alarm will sound assuming your car was pick-locked.
Thank you so much! such bs that keys are about $350 from dealership.... #PorscheLife
Old 12-13-2020, 10:49 PM
Vethen
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nolan386
Thank you so much! such bs that keys are about $350 from dealership.... #PorscheLife
Talk to an indie near you. They might be able to get the programming done cheaper, but cutting the blade is of concern.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:11 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Vethen
Talk to an indie near you. They might be able to get the programming done cheaper, but cutting the blade is of concern.
Even though they're located in Great Britain, here's an option for cutting the key. In the "About Us" part of the site they say that they can cut a key if you send them a Hi-Def picture of your current key.

https://www.keysinthepost.com/products/

However and as Vethen states, you'll still need to have it programmed by the dealer or someone with a PIWIS.

Quick Reply: Ummm Lock/Alarm question