Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilt Racing Accelerator Pedal Spacer review?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 01:40 AM
ckdds
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ewc
Hi Chris, my pedal doesn’t move after installation and the spacer has been great. Did you reinstall the supplied bolt to screw the pedal assembly back into the floor?
Hi EWC! Yes, I did everything as you stated and I also called them and reverified. What I have noticed is that spacer can move from left to right a bit even after the screw was placed. And with the whole gas pedal unit on top of the spacer made movement even greater. Are you sure your pedal does not move at all? Is it possible for you to double check? In theory, the spacer has little room to move even after using the screw. Thanks, EWC. FYI, Lnengineering is double checking on my issue at this time.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:26 AM
ewc
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey Chris, my pedal and spacer do not move at all, it was rock solid when I tried to wiggle it with my hand just now. Where is your movement coming from? Is the Bilt spacer moving against the plastic OEM pedal box? My spacer was snapped in extremely tight to the OEM plastic pedal box, so there's no way it would move at all. Also, the Bilt spacer bolts to the floor of the car the same way as the OEM pedal, so there should not be any movement there either.

Try watching this Numeric pedal install video, to make sure you bolted everything back together correctly --
Old 02-07-2022, 03:29 PM
ckdds
6th Gear

Thank you very much for the info EWC! Yes my spacer was loose with OEM box to start with. I think this is a problem. I have 2006 911 C4S. I will contact Lnengin. and go from there. Thanks again and have a great day. I will keep you posted. Chris
Old 02-07-2022, 03:48 PM
ckdds
6th Gear

By the way, what year is your car? And the model?
Old 02-07-2022, 04:25 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

I considered getting this solution because the accelerator pedal is not on the same vertical plane as the brake pedal. Initially I was trying to literally heel-toe but given the pedal positions, it felt awkward and challenging for me. Then I switched to the "roll-the-foot" method where I keep the left edge of my foot on the brake pedal and roll my foot to blip the accelerator with the right edge of my foot. It works much better for me. If the LN solution moves the base of the accelerator closer to the driver, I can see why that could be an issue. I would not like that. I'm used to the pedal locations now and although far from an expert, I can successfully rev match most of the time. Lots of practice. I read that most 911 drivers use the roll method rather than the true heel-toe.
Old 02-12-2022, 03:20 AM
ckdds
6th Gear

I just installed a new spacer (my first one was defected). Everything clicked in very well. However, it does has a slight movement. I am going to ask LN and see whether this is wnl. I will keep you posted. Chris
Old 02-12-2022, 08:12 AM
ewc
Racer

Hopefully you can get it sorted with LN. My car is a 2010 997.2 base Carrera. LN did say sometimes there is variation in how the stock plastic pedal box fits into the spacer. As noted in my original review, my fitment was originally too tight to snap the spacer onto the stock plastic pedal box and I had to slightly shave the plastic with a razor. Good luck and sorry to hear it's been a pain for you!

Originally Posted by ckdds
I just installed a new spacer (my first one was defected). Everything clicked in very well. However, it does has a slight movement. I am going to ask LN and see whether this is wnl. I will keep you posted. Chris
Old 02-12-2022, 08:16 AM
ewc
Racer

Yes, the spacer does shift the whole pedal back towards the driver about 1" to level the plane between the brake and accelerator pedals. I similarly use the roll foot method, and the stock pedal offset made it very hard to rev match around town when I'm not mashing the brake when stopping. During aggressive stopping, it's ok, but when lightly braking, it's hard to rev match because I'm not depressing the brake pedal deeply enough.

I do find it interesting that car reviewers never mention this issue, and rave that the stock pedals are "perfect." I've had no issues heel toeing with stock pedals on my prior Subaru WRX or Mini JCW.

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I considered getting this solution because the accelerator pedal is not on the same vertical plane as the brake pedal. Initially I was trying to literally heel-toe but given the pedal positions, it felt awkward and challenging for me. Then I switched to the "roll-the-foot" method where I keep the left edge of my foot on the brake pedal and roll my foot to blip the accelerator with the right edge of my foot. It works much better for me. If the LN solution moves the base of the accelerator closer to the driver, I can see why that could be an issue. I would not like that. I'm used to the pedal locations now and although far from an expert, I can successfully rev match most of the time. Lots of practice. I read that most 911 drivers use the roll method rather than the true heel-toe.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:19 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 258 Posts

This might sound like heresy, but when we prep cars for track use (HPDE or Racing) at DerGarage we make a wooden (gasp!) extension to the gas pedal that is covered in skateboard (faint!) grip tape. It attaches with countersunk cap screws into the plastic pedal under the tape so fasteners are invisible. Allows for changing the shape, but we don’t usually need to do that. Also allows for setting the depth by removing material or adding a shaped shim. However a 1x4 cut down is usually perfect. Done this to many p-cars and the black grip tape makes it very subtle.

This BILT item looks interesting and I’m sure it will help for some folks.

Quick Reply: Bilt Racing Accelerator Pedal Spacer review?