Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Eibach's Pro Springs & DSC on track?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Cali997Sport
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone use Eibach's Pro Springs & DSC on track?

Been getting more aggressive with my 4S on road and track, as my comfort and skill level has increased, 1.5 yr porsche owner. 12 total track days.

Recently, added Elephant Racing front LCAs, Camber at -2.5 front and back, Caster -7.5. Running PFC9 pads. So now my speed and confidence has increased, pushing the limits of my stockish setup. I am running the DSC box with PASM B4 OEM replacement shocks, stock springs, H&R Sway front and back, full soft front and back.

Went to Chuckwalla Raceway recently and there is a small cork screw type S curve, up and down. When i shift my weight at the top to turn, noticed a big bounce, which was unsettling and making car hard to control. When i started focusing on it, i realized it is happening in turns if my car is well settled, big sweepers and not slamming the breaks on before a turn.

Tom at DSC says the box stiffens the shock to full when at 1G or more, so i think i must be less than a G when the bounce starts, then the shock stiffens into the turn. By that time it is too late. Looking at the Eibachs to help. Or if anyone has programmed the box differently. Or done both?

Or / And B6s? Or is it time to invest in some Ohlin's and give up on PASM?

Has anyone used the Eibach's successfully on track and what improvement have you seen?

Last edited by Cali997Sport; 12-11-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:27 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 268 Posts

We know that the stock shocks cannot react as quickly as the new stuff. We know that the stock springs are under spring for hard tracking. The combination of the two, even with the DSC, is likely the issue. Better dampening and rebound control will yield better results. I'd start with eibach or H/R, then upgrade your shocks when they die... to B16 or tractive.

Cw
The following users liked this post:
Cali997Sport (12-11-2020)

Quick Reply: Anyone use Eibach's Pro Springs & DSC on track?