Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 c2 3.6L Y2009, aftermarket(DesignTek) Valvetronic Exhaust Vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020 | 10:40 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by steveshin
.......But frankly I do not a sensitive person, so I can not feel so much that the valves open or not. lol.......
I suggest double checking the valves and make sure they are opening & closing properly. I love my designTek VALVETRONIC exhaust on my 997.1S and having the valves open make the car sounds really mean but I also have hi-flow CAT pipes....
Old 08-14-2020 | 02:32 AM
steveshin
AutoX

Originally Posted by lowbee
I suggest double checking the valves and make sure they are opening & closing properly. I love my designTek VALVETRONIC exhaust on my 997.1S and having the valves open make the car sounds really mean but I also have hi-flow CAT pipes....
Hi~

You also installed Hi-flow CAT pipes,
I also want to install X-pipes to more sounds.

When I've installed DesignTek Valvetronic like you, I checked the valves on&off position operated with key fob properly before assemble it.

But I'm just curious about what valve's position is on or off. I know there is different between on and off.

Plz give me advices attached picture.
1) Long position of the valves is open status?
2) When I turn off engine, what is the valve position? long or short? or stay status I chosen.
3) Images of key fob, key locked means close / unlocked means open?
4) In my case, if that long position is open is right, my key fob functions are reversed I think.

Plz comment about these.
Thanks in advance.

Is this a open position? not connected status.

This is inside of valve description, long position is open?

When I started the engine(I do not push any button of my key fob), muffler valves are long position. If there is no vacuum, always long position?
Old 08-14-2020 | 03:22 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

But I'm just curious about what valve's position is on or off. I know there is different between on and off.

Plz give me advices attached picture.
1) Long position of the valves is open status?
2) When I turn off engine, what is the valve position? long or short? or stay status I chosen.
3) Images of key fob, key locked means close / unlocked means open?
4) In my case, if that long position is open is right, my key fob functions are reversed I think.

Plz comment about these.
Thanks in advance.

Is this a open position? not connected status. YES
This is inside of valve description, long position is open? YES
When I started the engine(I do not push any button of my key fob), muffler valves are long position. If there is no vacuum, always long position? YES

1. Long position = no vacuum = valve open = loud mode; Short position = vacuum = valve close = silent mode
2. Within 15 minutes of shutting off the engine, the valve stay in the last position until vacuum slowly dissipate (leak) then the valve spring open. I always turn the ignition key to ON without starting the car the next morning then press the LOCK button on the key fob to make sure the exhaust is in silent mode before starting the car so it doesn't rock my garage LOL
3. Remote Key fob locked = valve closed, silent mode; Remote Key fob unlocked = valve opened, loud mode
4. Don't know what to tell you..... maybe you hook up the unidirectional bypass valve backward, I don't know ?
Old 08-14-2020 | 03:34 AM
code7rpd
Rennlist Member

Anyone have any sound clips? Looks like a really nice exhaust.
Old 08-17-2020 | 05:34 AM
steveshin
AutoX

Originally Posted by code7rpd
Anyone have any sound clips? Looks like a really nice exhaust.
Hi~

I'll try to take a sound clip my exhaust.
I think it looks like having a nice sounds.

Thanks,
have a good one.
Old 08-17-2020 | 05:58 AM
steveshin
AutoX

1. Long position = no vacuum = valve open = loud mode; Short position = vacuum = valve close = silent mode
2. Within 15 minutes of shutting off the engine, the valve stay in the last position until vacuum slowly dissipate (leak) then the valve spring open. I always turn the ignition key to ON without starting the car the next morning then press the LOCK button on the key fob to make sure the exhaust is in silent mode before starting the car so it doesn't rock my garage LOL
3. Remote Key fob locked = valve closed, silent mode; Remote Key fob unlocked = valve opened, loud mode
4. Don't know what to tell you..... maybe you hook up the unidirectional bypass valve backward, I don't know ?
Hi~

First of all,
thank you for your detail information.

Today I did check my engine area you mentioned.

I also think that "the long position" is valve open(loud sound mode). And it's off default mode when I do engine off.

But when I push the "lock" button of my key fob, the valve is open I think(refer to attached clip). I think the function of my key fob is reversed. lol.

I took a picture at my engine area,
plz give me an opinion about installation it is right or wrong. You mean that "the unidirectional bypass valve" is check valve(one way valve)?

Plz advise.
Thank you,
have a good one.

My engine area installed vacuum lines and solenoid.

Behind of solenoid.

The valve status when my vehicle off.
Old 08-17-2020 | 06:14 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

.....But when I push the "lock" button of my key fob, the valve is open I think(refer to attached clip). I think the function of my key fob is reversed. lol......
If your keyfob opens and closes the exhaust valves properly then I wouldn't worry about which button does which operation; however, an easy fix [in your case] is to take the key fob apart (you will have to do it eventually to replace the battery) and turn the button labels around.

-

Last edited by lowbee; 08-17-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-18-2020 | 01:52 AM
steveshin
AutoX

If your keyfob opens and closes the exhaust valves properly then I wouldn't worry about which button does which operation; however, an easy fix [in your case] is to take the key fob apart (you will have to do it eventually to replace the battery) and turn the button labels around.

-
Hi~
Thank you for your advice.

My key fob opens & closes the exhaust valves properly. So I'll turn the button labels around you said.

You are a genius!!!

Have a good one.

Last edited by steveshin; 08-18-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2020 | 03:09 AM
steveshin
AutoX

-
So my setting on engine area(vacuum lines, solenoid, one-way valve direction etc.), is it alright? compare to yours.

You also have a DesignTek Valvetronic Exhaust like me, and installed properly I think.

I'd like to be advised by you.

Thanks in advance.

My engine area about setting.

Old 08-10-2024 | 03:28 PM
Jaded-911
AutoX

nvmd.

Last edited by Jaded-911; 08-11-2024 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2024 | 09:16 PM
Skube
Rennlist Member

This is great! I am doing this on a 3.6L 997.2 and this install guide was really helpful.

Quick Reply: 997.2 c2 3.6L Y2009, aftermarket(DesignTek) Valvetronic Exhaust Vacuum line