Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2020 | 12:12 PM
Westy997
AutoX

Default Front end rattle

I hope someone can help, my UK RHD 09 C2S Cab has developed a really annoying rattle from the fornt end when driving at low speed, <30, over uneven and/or rippled roads. It is not a suspension or steering clonk it sounds more like something plastic and I can't induce it by jerking the steering left and right or sharp braking.

I've had all the trim and carpets out of the frunk and couldn't find anything so it must be around the fuel tank suspension area. Unfortunately I don't have the facilities to jack the car up high enough at the front to tale the under tray off and have a look.

Any ideas as to what it could be?
Old 07-29-2020 | 12:27 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Westy997
I hope someone can help, my UK RHD 09 C2S Cab has developed a really annoying rattle from the fornt end when driving at low speed, <30, over uneven and/or rippled roads. It is not a suspension or steering clonk it sounds more like something plastic and I can't induce it by jerking the steering left and right or sharp braking.

I've had all the trim and carpets out of the frunk and couldn't find anything so it must be around the fuel tank suspension area. Unfortunately I don't have the facilities to jack the car up high enough at the front to tale the under tray off and have a look.

Any ideas as to what it could be?
could be the plastic duct work for the HVAC behind the glove box. My had worked loose over the years. They just mate via this plastic ridge.
Old 07-30-2020 | 02:29 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

If it is still driving you nuts, pull the front wheel well liners off and then check the small hydraulic lines, etc., which are hidden by the liners. If their fasteners have slipped out of their mount points things will rattle.

Quick Reply: Front end rattle