Sponsored by:

FISTER or not...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 01:41 AM
911Consultant
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FISTER or not...........

So I have acquired some OEM 997.1 3.6 cans from a fellow lister and I have a conundrum. My car has AWE headers, Agency power silencers and AWE cross over 200 cell cats currently. I will be taking out the Agency Power cans for either the Fister mod or maybe just installing the OEM cans for a trial.
Im curious if anyone has done the OEM cans with 200 cell cats and headers and what the thoughts are on the sound. Clips of this setup on the tube where folks added just cats sounded good with a bit of rasp, not bad but metallic ( similar to E46 M3 stock sound but not as high strung) but no examples of a system with headers and cats with oem cans so..............thoughts? Im not looking for volume, ive had enough of that and I think my headers and cats will provide that anyway so the "quiet" part of the equation would be the oem mufflers that should tame things down a bit but sound nice, as a porsche should.
Would love to hear opinions or stories of the setup I have described. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:12 PM
David Berry
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

I think you will be too loud with Fister sport exhaust added to what you already have?
Old 06-07-2020, 09:32 PM
911Consultant
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

And you are exactly right. I sourced a pair of OEM cans that unfortunately arrived with a dent so Fisters from Fister not an option so I had them hacked here locally and very well done I must say.
Popped them on the car and good lord!!!!!!! twice as loud as before. Undriveable. So it turns out that the cats muffle quite a bit in stock form but my race cats do not. My agency power cans are back on ( one side at least) and the fister hacked OEM cans will go up for sale. For someone with OEM cats it really is the best bang for the buck. Worth a shot, I either need an oem set or something aftermarket that brings out the growl but not so much volume.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:26 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 244 Posts

I have been also wanting growl and nice tone without the volume as I find my 200 cell CAT pipes combined with my OEM mufflers doesn't give me the sound I want

I did a bit of research and am trying to decide between the designTek VALVETRONIC system or the Dansk sport sound. I can get either from design911 in the UK. Check them out
Old 06-08-2020, 04:54 PM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

I have stock headers, SOUL 200 cell cats and Fister mufflers and I love the sound on my '08 C4S. It sounds really good with burbles and occasional blats! It's loud but not so loud that I can't drive the car comfortably on long trips.

Last edited by campbesl; 06-08-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quick Reply: FISTER or not...........