Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 1000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 03:31 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 761 Posts

Speaking of checking for debris in the radiators ...

The front bumper pulls off fairly easily (see Pelican Parts Tech Notes or search in this Forum) and a lot of the debris had accumulated in between radiators where it was out of sight. When I cleaned mine a few weeks ago I spent a lot of time straightening fins. A large % of these were bent to the point of significantly reducing of fully stopping air flow.

There are lots of things you can obsess over, but don't forget to go for a drive. These cars work best when they are driven often. And once warm they do run better if you exercise them in a sporting manner 8)
Old 05-20-2020, 06:54 AM
coaldrag413
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by roadie13
Congrats, great car and wonderful color!

I have fond memories of driving convertibles too, an Audi S4 was a particular favorite, but I am also taking the 911 to the track so verts were out for this one..
Understandable. I have considered taking mine to the track just for the "experience" but a dedicated track car it is not.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:59 AM
FlatsixS
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Congratulations! I got a similar C2S cabrio as you But in Carrara white almost a year ago. Also first P-car for me, same approach as saving money to get one. I did the first 1k miles bringing her back from SC (when I bought it) to TX with a grin face during the whole two days trip. So I can relate to you. Here in the south the cabrio is very enjoyable and 95% of the drive is with the top down. The stock Bose sound system is “meh”, but it doesn’t matter, I don’t use much anyway, as that my favorite sound is that flat six revving in the backseat... that’s music to my ears.
In another note, don’t feel overwhelmed to put your hands in the rear engine and do maintenance. I felt the same at fist time tasks, but at others have said, there is a lot of info and videos and here you will find a lot of help. Sure, fist time looks intimidating but the next will be a lot easier. I find out that these 997s are a lot easier to work than my friend’s 991. A few tools is all needed to do the basic maintenance tasks. Enjoy the ride and drive as much as you can. Welcome to the site!
FlatSixS

Last edited by FlatsixS; 06-01-2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-01-2020, 01:57 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 198 Posts

I still cram my kids back there. They're 13 and when they complain I just laugh and tell them "I hope you are fortunate enough to have your kids complain about leg room in your Porsche. A car that you love so much that their complaints are meaningless." They are non amused.

I also have a GT3 and one of my daughters loves it. I think she is hoping it becomes her track car when the time comes. My wife and other kid won't ride in it.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:40 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Nice Cobalt 997.1! That was the first color that I was looking for but was only to find 1 but the deal feel through. Enjoy the ride!
Old 06-02-2020, 04:25 AM
snaphappy
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

If you find yourself a little bored under 3krpm sport mode helps a fair bit.

I like the dr jekyl mr hide thing the 997 has going on. Relaxed around town, but INSANE in the canyons. I often spank Caymans, not all of them, kinda depends on the driver. I murder corvettes. The only cars I can’t touch in the canyons = Lotus

Old 06-02-2020, 09:57 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey congratulations on your new car, love the blue. BTW, are those 991 wheels with ultra low profile tires to meet the circumference of the 997.1 wheel ? nice wheels really nice, but probably a firm ride
Old 06-02-2020, 10:43 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 197 Posts

Dude, just savor every minute driving, wrenching or admiring out of the corner of your eye.

Congratulations!

Bob

Quick Reply: First 1000 miles