Sponsored by:

997.1 relay for wipers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Texas Paul
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 relay for wipers?

My 2006 997 has been having trouble with wipers and wiper fluid. The wiper fluid stopped working, which I ignored for a while, but then the wipers also stopped working. I replaced the wiper switch on the steering wheel. This resulted in the wipers working, but still no fluid. After a few weeks the wipers again stopped working. I replaced the wiper motor, resulting in no change. Now that I've thrown some parts at the problem, I'm wondering if it could be a bad relay. I have pulled the relay box from above/behind the fuse panel but cannot find any diagram or schematic of the relays to figure out if one of these is for the wiper and wiper fluid pumps.

Does anyone have a diagram for the relays? Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Relay module '06 997.1

Old 03-06-2020, 09:57 AM
tinroof
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Not trying to hijack your thread Texas Paul but I have a possibly related problem in that I have a warning every time I start my car that the rain sensor is defective. Could anyone point me to the correct relay to change out for the rain sensor?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Texas Paul
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found these two pictures for relays... The second is labeled as 997.2. The first I am not sure, but they seem the same. Maybe it's unchanged 997.1 to 997.2. Anyway...

It's not a lot of detail, more like hints of the relay purpose. (and tinroof, nothing on the rain sensor specifically) Don't see one that is obviously for the wiper motor or wiper pump motor, maybe #14 which is labeled headlight washer? Wouldn't wiper motor and wiper pump motor have to be on separate relays? I'm fairly puzzled. Could there be an inline fuse somewhere? Are there more relays in a different location?The thing that really is odd is that the wiper worked for a while after I replaced the control stick, but that change had no effect on the wiper pump...

Any diagnostic insight greatly appreciated.
Paul
-------

Old 10-19-2023, 10:48 AM
ColinL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi TexasPaul,

Another Texan 997 owner here with a similar problem on my 2007 GT3. The windshield washer pump is working, but the wipers won't move. Did you ever track down the wiper relay and the source of your problem?

Thanks!
Colin

Quick Reply: 997.1 relay for wipers?