Sponsored by:

Gt3 seats? Will they work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 07:58 PM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 394 Posts
Default Gt3 seats? Will they work?

Ok I'm considering these seats. https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1169206#post16230021
I have an 06 997.1 base Carrera, electric and heated seats. While the GT3 seats are not heated is of no concern to me. The real question is, will they work in my Carrera and utilize the same
electrical plugs or is the 997 GT3 completely different than other Carreras. I'd love to bolt them in, plug plug it all up and be done. Has anyone done this conversion. I'd like to pick them up this weekend.
Thanks for any experienced advise as usual.

Note: For some reason the pic is not showing up anymore. It did last night.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Astraelraen
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

I looked into seat swaps and googled and searched the forums.

It seems that it is kind of the wild west. If you go from comparable seats, i.e. full power, heat, cool, memory, "regular seats" to the same option "sport seats" it should work. But everything else is a wild guess as to if the connectors will work, if certain features will work, memory function, etc.

If you want to have even more fun try to figure out if 991 seats will work.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:57 PM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Yes I'm afraid of that gamble. A lot of money just to find out they are not compatable. The GT3 seats are not heated and mine are. I dont use the heat on the seats but airbags are my concern.
I'm hoping to find an answer by the weekend otherwise I will have to wait till next weekend.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:32 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 303 Likes on 179 Posts

I’ll tell what I know works for sure.

comfort seat with memory to sports requires a tap for 12v on the drivers side. Passenger side is pnp.

Comfort seats without memory to sports is pnp.

Comfort seat without memory to 18 way, I’m not sure about. It seems like it should be pnp but I’ve also read that they are not because a car configured for 18 way will have the wiring harness for one. Not sure if that means more 12v pins or what. I’ve also read that it is pnp from at least 2-3 posts on the other forum.

I don’t think you’ll have an airbag issue but you may for power to the different motors. I still think that if that were the case wrt power then tapping for 12v should be easy. Do some more research and try other forums.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Pics are back up.

Quick Reply: Gt3 seats? Will they work?