Sponsored by:

Black Magic All Wheel Cleaner review

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 05:57 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 257 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Black Magic All Wheel Cleaner review

After the recent thread about cleaning brake dust off your wheels, I decided to try this Black Magic No Scrub All Wheel Cleaner. Cost $5.99 at Auto Zone. In the past I have always just used a dedicated sponge and wheel brush along with soapy water to clean my wheels. I was looking for something to make this quicker and easier. Directions say to spray wheel cleaner on entire wheel, wait 2 minutes then just rinse off with a hose and dry with a cloth. I did not really heavily soak the wheel with the wheel cleaner but gave it a decent covering spray and waited 2 minutes then rinsed with hose. On the face of the wheel spokes where the dust was not real thick I would say it removed about 95% of the brake dust. Inside the wheel barrel where its much worse and things other than brake dust tend to accumulate, I would say it removed about 75% of the buildup. I will say that anything remaining after rinse came off VERY easily and overall made the job much quicker and easier. I did use my wheel brush on a few small areas inside the wheel barrel but for the most part just drying with a cloth after rinse was all that was needed for most areas. I did like using it behind the brake caliper which is hard to clean without rolling the car back. Perhaps giving it a heavy soaking with the wheel cleaner would have produced even better results. They claim it is safe for all types of wheels as well as painted or powder coated. I would give this product a thumbs up and while not perfect it did a nice job and I was able to clean my wheels about 75% faster than using soap alone. I have no affiliation with this product.

Old 11-10-2019, 01:24 PM
hatchetf15
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 635 Posts

Thanks for the report. Reasonable price for a quick dust knock-down.
The following users liked this post:
street rod (11-10-2019)

Quick Reply: Black Magic All Wheel Cleaner review