Sponsored by:

PCM - Lost iPhone?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 09:10 PM
bje22201
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM - Lost iPhone?!?

So, I did an alignment on my manual shift-lever, and after unplugging things to take the center console out, and doing a reset on my PCM I've lost the ability to see the iphone (not sure why I did that).

I get an "AUX" option, and music will play through that. . . but I don't get the "iPhone" option. Doesn't matter if I plug it in, or try using the Bovee bluetooth connection. . . only comes up as AUX. I unplugged/replugged things back together and nothing.

Unfortunately, even though this seems to have happened to others I can't really find a resolution. Is my only option to take it into the dealer to reprogram the PCM to recognize that it has the iPhone option?

This is super-annoying. People said "put a CD in, and then you'll get the option". . . nope, just the AUX option.

I really don't want to go to the dealer. . . so hopefully someone somewhere knows of a way to fix it another way?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2019, 09:21 PM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you get to a screen that allows you set up a new phone? If so just start over.

funny story to indicate how much help I am....I reset my pcm accidentally and it went back to German language! I know no German but was finally able to get back to a “choose your language” screen and was able to choose English. Learned my lesson.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:30 PM
bje22201
Intermediate

I was able to set-up a new phone. . . so the phone works (phone book, bluetooth, calls), just not the audio options. On the screen I get AM, FM, SAT, Disc, AUX. . . no iPod option. So I can't see/control the audio on the phone.

I figured out the German to English part. . . but obviously something else has gone awry.

Last edited by bje22201; 10-23-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:34 AM
bje22201
Intermediate

Not that anyone was overly worried if I was ever going to see and control what I was playing through my iPhone on the PCM. But, I fixed the issue.

Went to the Porsche dealer, just to make sure I wasn't insane and missing what I was looking for. Luckily they were too busy that moment and wouldn't be able to get me in until the next week.
Stopped by the independent shop, and they tried to help me by using their scan tools. . . but what they had wouldn't be able to update much if the problem was within the PCM itself. Though, we did notice that the option for iPod/Aux was checked. . . so it didn't "seem" like it was somehow no longer enabled within the device.

Since taking the car into the dealer takes a lot of time/effort/money. . . I decided that maybe my problem was related to the cable, or the connection itself. Seemed odd because I could play music, and it would still charge my phone. . . was just showing up as "Aux" instead of iPod, and I couldn't control/see what was playing. I ordered a new adapter cable, and a new Aux/Ipod connection thingy (basically, both parts that show up inside the arm rest). Got the cable yesterday, and sure enough, that was my problem. I have the adapter 997-642-465-00-01C coming today, but guess I really don't need it.

I guess somehow when I had the entire center console out, I somehow messed up the cable.

Somewhat related to how I got into this mess: On a side note, if you are going to re-align your shifter, you don't need to remove the shifter ****/boot. . . it'll fit through the hole if you just play with the angles (since the instructions always say removing the **** is the hardest part).
Old 10-31-2019, 09:40 AM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Cables can be an issue. I had an issue playing an ipod on my 981 GT4. Would drop the ipod every few minutes or so. I thought it was PCM fighting with Bluetooth and my phone (ipod separate from phone). Changed to a new cable and the issue was resolved. Don't know why. I didn't change any settings on in the PCM.

Quick Reply: PCM - Lost iPhone?!?