Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOST stereo adapter issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019 | 10:31 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Default MOST stereo adapter issues

Bought one for my 996tt from Seicane. Installed it and it works with some alternator whine but after 5-10 minutes, it turns off. When that happens, I get no audio feed at all. Anyone else have this issue and know how I can fix it? I suspect it's getting hot somehow as it always works if I let the car sit for a bit.

I've contacted Seicane for either a replacement or refund and they're being unhelpful.
Old 10-24-2019 | 08:18 PM
JamesinIT
6th Gear

Originally Posted by docwyte
Bought one for my 996tt from Seicane. Installed it and it works with some alternator whine but after 5-10 minutes, it turns off. When that happens, I get no audio feed at all. Anyone else have this issue and know how I can fix it? I suspect it's getting hot somehow as it always works if I let the car sit for a bit.

I've contacted Seicane for either a replacement or refund and they're being unhelpful.
Mine did exactly this, I ended up buying a similar product on Amazon that made no noise and worked like a champ. Guts looked exactly the same inside.
Old 10-27-2019 | 11:28 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

I've ordered another one off Ali Express that looks exactly the same but cost $50 less. Seicane have agreed to refund my money but I have to return the box to them, so I'll remove it today and ship it to China tomorrow, which is a pita.
Old 11-08-2019 | 05:32 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Installed the new MOST adapter today, so far works great and no more alternator whine. Bonus! I sent the other one back, I'm curious if Seicane actually refunds me or not.

Quick Reply: MOST stereo adapter issues