Arm rest Storage Compartment Lid

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 12:47 PM
PierW
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Arm rest Storage Compartment Lid

Hi all...

I have searched the threads and can't seem to find anything addressing this issue, so if I missed it, please feel free to pummel me (and afterward, point me in the right direction please?).

'07 997.1 and the spring-loaded hinge on my arm rest storage lid broke. Can't seem to locate anyone who may have had the same issue, parts, DIY's or anything that could get me moving in the right direction. If no prior posts, does anyone have any experience or insights into this issue? It's not the end of the world, but I hit it from time to time getting out of the car and it flops up and back down.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Zettinger
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PierW
Hi all...

I have searched the threads and can't seem to find anything addressing this issue, so if I missed it, please feel free to pummel me (and afterward, point me in the right direction please?).

'07 997.1 and the spring-loaded hinge on my arm rest storage lid broke. Can't seem to locate anyone who may have had the same issue, parts, DIY's or anything that could get me moving in the right direction. If no prior posts, does anyone have any experience or insights into this issue? It's not the end of the world, but I hit it from time to time getting out of the car and it flops up and back down.

Thanks.
It should be 99755343900

The question is rather, is your console attach point broken?

I had it removed when I repainted the middle console.
To replace the spring, I think there were a few screws on the bottom side on the middle console. this means the console needs to come out for this.

Last edited by Zettinger; 10-15-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:32 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a buzz coming from under part 25 on the PDK shifter, thoughts? do I have to tear the whole thing down?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Zettinger
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by voiceprint1
I have a buzz coming from under part 25 on the PDK shifter, thoughts? do I have to tear the whole thing down?
I assume you mean the panel between shifter cover and console.
This piece (24 in the picture) has two hinges on the outer sides what need to clip in the console. On the front side there are four screws connecting it to the middle console.
To get this out, you need to remove shift boot, panel under shift boot and "maybe" the sides on bolsters on the PCM stack. I removed it since I re did the whole interior.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:01 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks for the reply, it's intermittent (of course), maybe I will ask my body shop if I need work done, I think I would bend or break it further.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:13 PM
318touring
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I just put a small, thin rubber wedge between part 25 and the carpeted tunnel. I did have to remove the small carpeted section that screws into the centre console first.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:11 PM
PierW
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks Zettinger...I was actually referring to the hinged lid on the interior of the door panel/arm rest. Not sure if perhaps the prior owner torqued it getting out of the car, but it actually broke the plastic hinge mechanism closest to the dash.

Quick Reply: Arm rest Storage Compartment Lid