Frunk nav dvd drive unit emoval

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 08:03 PM
ajd1170
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frunk nav dvd drive unit emoval

Hi, folks:
This is my second attempt at getting this posted, as my first attempt never made it to the forum. Sorry if this is causing anyone any inconvenience.

I am having a problem with the navigation dvd drive. It will not eject the dvd, thus being rendered useless. This appears to be an oem installation, which I cannot identify, nor find any reference to it online. I have tried many methods to remove the disc, all to no avail. As you can see, I have attached a photo of the unit mounted in the frunk of my 2006 997.1 C4S coupe. Please let me know if you can identify it. Here is the problem: i want to remove the drive to fix or replace it, but it is enclosed in the module shown in the photo, and I cannot remove the cover, despite all efforts to do so. There are no external clips or screws visible, it seems to be affixed to the back wall of the frunk, and it refuses to let me simply pull it out (despite all the expletives I have uttered at it). A fairly thorough search of the web turned up nothing.

Please, if you can identify this unit and know how to remove the cover, I would appreciate your instructing me on how to do it. My neighbors will thank you, and I will thank you.

Quick Reply: Frunk nav dvd drive unit emoval