Radio Station Call Letters Error

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 02:10 PM
DocKill
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Station Call Letters Error

HI all,
My 2010 997.2 radio ( Software version 2) displays radio stations incorrectly..The yellow Large font display shows the correct station number (i.e.98.1), but the call letters are displayed as KOUS. (Station call letters are WXMX). The RDS text, displayed just below the Large Font Yellow letter display, shows all correct data.
I have tried repeatedly remapping the staions, direct entry, etc, but i can find no way to correct this. Nothing found on the forums about this strange issue. Any suggestions?

TIA!
Old 08-23-2019, 02:58 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DocKill
HI all,
My 2010 997.2 radio ( Software version 2) displays radio stations incorrectly..The yellow Large font display shows the correct station number (i.e.98.1), but the call letters are displayed as KOUS. (Station call letters are WXMX). The RDS text, displayed just below the Large Font Yellow letter display, shows all correct data.
I have tried repeatedly remapping the staions, direct entry, etc, but i can find no way to correct this. Nothing found on the forums about this strange issue. Any suggestions?

TIA!
Maybe it's what the station is broadcasting. Check with someone else with RDS and see what their radio shows.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:57 PM
DocKill
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The error actually occurs on several channels. And the info in RDS, such as station, song, etc are correct. It's the info on the screen that shows even when RDS is disabled that contains the errors

Quick Reply: Radio Station Call Letters Error