Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive your Porsche in Good Health - an update

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2019 | 12:13 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Big Swole
The mans trying to Get / Stay Healthier and STAY ALIVE for his family!!
As we have to say in my profession, " You have the right to remain silent "!! Some of you need to USE that right!!

Just my .02
Thanks for the support Dave.

To clarify, yes I am doing this for me but I have become an evangelist of sorts because I feel so damn good and know this information can help others.

As the weeks have passed by, I was telling friends, "I feel like I am 35 again". Now I feel like I am 25 and even better than when I was an elite athlete. This may sound contradictory but even as a cyclist consuming and burning 10,000 to 14,000 calories a day, I was making myself sick and in fact most cyclists are sick most of the time. While the performance was high (within 1% of the world's best) my internal markers (if they had been looking at things other than blood lactate) would have shown huge amounts of insulin - thus setting the stage for the 'fat explosion' that occurred decades later.

About the silence - you're 100% right. Teh more I write the more likely I am to misstate something or create a ***** in the armor of the ideas being presented here.

My wife has an issue with just blurting out things. If we got pulled over for speeding and the cop said, you were doing 98, she would just blurt out, "No, we were doing 120 before the radar detector went off" For that reason, I've told her over and over, "you can never say anything to a policeman or a judge". That's what attorneys are for.

I've written way more than I need to and I realize I need a different voice and need to say less to have the spirit of the message get through - especially to those that need it.

I'm convinced that a few in this thread will get some benefit and I know that some of my friends are.

If even a few people are helped then it's a WIN. Even if 10x people take offense with me or what I've posted.

@Steph1 I will PM you - now lifting.... more than a beer or my fat *** off the couch.

Last edited by MexicoBlueTurboS; 08-24-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2019 | 01:01 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Admin: Please move this thread to OT.
The following users liked this post:
latonnelier (08-24-2019)
Old 08-24-2019 | 04:28 PM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I think swimming laps is one of the best exercises. Can't go wrong combining that with a bicycle.
I hope to get back into my swimming routine but for now the elliptical machine does the trick.

I agree swimming is another great form of exercising, the problem is my feet gets cramped up like a ****!
Old 08-24-2019 | 06:59 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Someone asked me if I was a doctor. Told them I tried a better life thru chemistry in college. Didn’t like ‘em so majored in Finance instead.

Quick Reply: Drive your Porsche in Good Health - an update