Aftermarket Audio/Amp Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Submariner2009
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket Audio/Amp Question

Folks,

A "new to me" 06 911 S Cab with the Bose system previously installed arrived with a newer (2017) Pioneer multimedia deck and amplifiers. I like the deck so no need to change it, has all the stuff I want and appears to be working fine.

Here's my issue: I'm getting "cracking" and "popping" from the drivers door panel even after replacing the midrange speaker. The subwoofers in both doors don't appear to be active/making noise. The rear speakers sound strong, it's the front that's weak.

When looking at the amps, there are two: a Pioneer (4 channel) and a Rockford (2 channel) installed (see pics below for the basic setup). Both amps appear to be pretty off-the-shelf/inexpensive, particularly the Pioneer. When I disconnected the Rockford amp, still appear to get sound from the front and rear speakers so unclear what it's connected to.

I'm not looking for a symphony hall, merely for the music to sound clean and enjoyable.

Because I didn't install the system, hard for me to know what was done. When I took it to a renowned/local audio store, they recommended removing the amps and putting in an 8-channel amp, which is not inexpensive for the unit ($800) and labor.

Any additional thoughts/guidance would be much appreciated -- maybe swapping the Pioneer 4-channel with a newer/better one, swapping the Rockford amp etc -- before I take the plunge. Also recognize it may be some writing somewhere...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Audio/Amp Question