Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Diffuser anyone ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019 | 03:38 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Default 997.1 Diffuser anyone ???

Guys, anybody do anything special regarding the bumper area between the exhaust ports on a 997.1???

Wether it be an add-on or just wrap or something, anything..???

Searched and found a few diffuser covers, but they are full of shark fins and look like something you'd see on a pimped impreza, or even the new honda civic sport or something.

I have decided to go with dual exhaust, cause although I have always found the non-S single bigger exhaust tips filled the recess much better than the duals, they have now grown on me.

Unbelievable, but they have a lot more diffuser options on regular cars like tthe freakin toyota camry than they do for 997.1.
Old 07-22-2019 | 06:43 PM
ECS
Pro

Always interested in better aero but it requires a full package in my mind and that takes a bunch of engineering/CFD work.
Old 07-23-2019 | 09:20 AM
Vethen
Instructor

People have wrapped the little section of bodywork between/around the pipes in matte black. The thing here is, 911s don’t really have a diffuser. With the engine being so far rearward, there is not enough room to get the proper geometry to keep the airflow from separating. I recall the factory RSR team moving the car to a mid-engine platform to get more space behind the motor to have proper ground effects. But if you are after the look, it will probably be a wrap. Most “diffuser”-looking mods are for .2 bumpers.
Old 07-23-2019 | 11:08 AM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Yeah thanks, that was my point, very few if any at all for the 997.1, while tons of variants for Toyota Camry of all cars and other generic cars that only older folks with dress hats or hair rollers are driving!!! WTF!

Quick Reply: 997.1 Diffuser anyone ???