Sponsored by:

PSE or aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I don't agree with this logic---> Model type/exterior & interior color, no oil burn, miles & service history/condition always more important than having every option you desire.
My latest purchase is a good example.
Sure I wanted PSE however when I found my 2007 silver/black 997S w/ low 54K miles and excel service history, no oil burn between oil changes and excel condition/service history I went for it. It has Sport Chrono but no PSE.
I'll add the Fister exhaust and be happy
Market is too slim to be waiting for a PSE car if all other important boxes get checked - but this is my opinion.
Agreed! Foremost, overall condition is first. This includes maintenance history, service records etc. I'm not overly particular whether its a 4S or just an S car. I would prefer a 4S but if the right S came along I wouldn't turn it down. I'm not that particular about exterior color, but there are some I don't care for, like Yellow or Ruby Red. Most cars with a given exterior finish likely come in certain interiors anyways. By being less selective on the color I'm hoping to be more selective on other things.

As far as oil burn, I don't know how you could check for that. A dealer wouldn't know or you would rely on the current owner to be honest with you if it used a lot. I don't know how you get around that. Obviously a PPI is is mandatory.

I wouldn't purchase and add PSE from Porsche after the fact. That's just not cost effective and for that money I'm sure there are better options. It just would be nice to get everything I want at once and be done with it. (Yes I know thats why people buy them new) Unfortunately for me it is a small market for 997.2's and the rest of the world has caught on with me.

Quick Reply: PSE or aftermarket exhaust