Sponsored by:

Seat rattle fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:12 PM
Gnarlycharlie
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seat rattle fix

I’ve seen a few threads on this here and there, and have had this issue on my car since I got it last year. The driver’s seat clunks under heavy acceleration, braking and while getting in and out of the car. It’s been driving me crazy.

I finally took a look under the seat the other day and fixed it with a pocket screwdriver and a 10mm wrench.

Pop off the little plastic cover that uncovers this bolt and tighten it a bit.

Here’s the other side for reference. It’s a T30 torx, but it should stay still when tightening the nut on the other side. Make sure not to over tighten it as it can actually impede the raise and lower seat adjustment if the plastic bushing is squeezed too tightly.
Anyways, hope this helps!
Old 07-15-2019, 08:25 AM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

Thank you for posting this! The issue has bothered me on my old 996 and on my 997, and the dealer can never figure it out.
The following users liked this post:
Gnarlycharlie (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 08:32 AM
nicogri
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks man !

I'll check that, I have the symptom on heavy breaking with the seat trying to move forward with my 100 kg on it.

Also do you guys suffer from passenger seat noise ticking when the seat is empty on bumpy road ? It is driving me nuts , as soon as I hold the back of the seat it stop... may be related to parts of release mecanism moving...
Old 03-07-2021, 01:47 AM
Luca84
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Same problem here, I need to try to take it apart. I wonder how hard it is...
Old 03-07-2021, 01:09 PM
9elvn
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by nicogri
Thanks man !

I'll check that, I have the symptom on heavy breaking with the seat trying to move forward with my 100 kg on it.

Also do you guys suffer from passenger seat noise ticking when the seat is empty on bumpy road ? It is driving me nuts , as soon as I hold the back of the seat it stop... may be related to parts of release mecanism moving...
I had the seat rattle on the passenger side as well, I just raised the seat a tad bit and it stopped. I assumed it was just at the lowest setting (electric sport adaptive) and would rattle that managed to fix it for me
Old 05-25-2021, 05:02 PM
Luca84
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

I finally decided to do it, the only hard part as mentioned in the post is to remove the leather because it's really hard. Thank again for the post!

Quick Reply: Seat rattle fix