Sponsored by:

Looking for advice -- 997 with lower back issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 12:09 PM
asneiman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update on my scenario.

I've driven a 997.2 with PDK and 12-way comfort sets, and 991 with PDK and 14-way seats. I found the 997.2 more comfortable, and more fun to drive. The 991 is a nice car, but Porsche has removed a lot of the rawness from the car, and it reminds me of a lexus. I might be old fashion, but I need my hydraulic steering.

I also sat in a few 99x's with the Adaptive seats, and find getting in and out of the car hard on my back. Too much twisting.

I believe the PDK is a better car than the manual, because when I depress the clutch on my car, my hips rotate, which tweaks my back.

The first car I found was in Boston was a 2012 GT Silver C4S Cab, and had everything I wanted. The dealer didn't want to sell it to someone who had to fly in, and has since sold the car.

I have since found another car (2010 Meteor Gray C4S Cab) with 45K miles, and also has everything I want in the car. I put a refundable deposit down on the car, but it won't be available for pictures for a few more days. Then if I want to move forward, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get it. The car has a good Carfax, 1 owner, with several oil changes.

While I'm waiting for this car, I came across the threads last night talking about bore scoring, and PDK issues in the 997.2's. This is probably not the right thread to post about it, but should I be concerned?
Old 07-31-2019, 12:16 PM
asneiman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The system won't let me edit my message, so sorry for an additional message.

I do plan on having a PPI done, just not sure it will spot issues with bore scoring, or possible PDK failures.

I also saw that Porsche changed the PDK's cooling 2 or so years after it was introduced. With that in mind, I wonder if I should look for a 2011, or 2012. But they are hard to find.

Quick Reply: Looking for advice -- 997 with lower back issues