Sponsored by:

Happy Father's Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019 | 05:57 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Default Happy Father's Day

A father's day photo and a story.

After flying to Portland to buy this car, I was eager to see my son after a 2,000 mile drive in 3 days back to Dallas Texas. In a hurry, I went and washed the undercarriage at a commercial wash and then went home to give it a thorough wash in the driveway. My goal was to pick up 3 yr old son at his Montessori in the new car by 4:30.

When he saw the car the first time he was very excited. He jumped up and down, skipped his way to the car all the while repeating several times "Wow! Blue Porsche daddy, do you like it? Wow... blue Porsche!"

I buckled him to his rear car seat and went around to the driver's seat and sat peacefully for a moment to lengthen out this very satisfying experience. My son was happy and thought his daddy was cool. (but never as cool as Paw Patrol)

Like every other father, I know that most 3 year olds aren't capable of complex thought nor of precise comedic timing but in that brief respite, I swear I heard him say "I'm not going to college, am I?"

------------------------------------

A funny side story - I had the photo I wanted today pre-visualized (him driving) but my brilliant son made the best photo of the shoot by assuming this position which never would have occurred to me. Another lesson in how our children teach us.

"You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts."

Kahil Gibran on Children

http://www.katsandogz.com/onchildren.html

Last edited by MexicoBlueTurboS; 06-16-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2019 | 06:10 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Happy father's day to all. I am the father of a 27 and 17 years old. Being a father is life changing, and being a Grand father is just awesome.... unfortunately, everybody loves the Porsche, but no pics yet.
Old 06-16-2019 | 06:56 PM
T4S
Instructor

Great share and beautiful car! Happy fathers day y'all
My boy and I took the Targa down to a local car show this morning. Now we have the extended family showing up and US Open action in the back ground. Its the little things..
Missing my dad who passed last year though
Old 06-17-2019 | 08:49 AM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

He even coordinated outfits with the car!

Happy Fathers Day!

Quick Reply: Happy Father's Day