A Blackstone UOA Alternative - 10 for $172

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts
Default A Blackstone UOA Alternative - 10 for $172

Unaffiliated.

After seeing Charles post in this thread* I reached out to ALS and bought into their program this AM. Daniel at ALS Tribology was extremely helpful when I called them and answered all of questions to my satisfaction. His contact info is below - There are some extra costs in shipping to and from but should work out to about BS pricing or a little less in the long run. Once I have their 'bottle within a bottle kits' (just like Blackstone) I will find a suitable mailer on Amazon and add to this thread.

*https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...3#post15888143

------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting our lab. We can offer a box of 10-kits that includes bottles and the analysis for a cost of $172. Once we received the oil samples, will test and deliver results within 48 hours via email.

If you would like to place an order or have any questions, feel free to call me at (602) 253-6515.

Best regards,

Daniel Cervantes
Customer Service Representative, Tribology USA
Old 06-05-2019, 01:50 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,401 Likes on 2,513 Posts

That's a very good price. About $8 less per test vs Blackstone, when bought in bulk of 6 tests.

MBTS, I saw part of your other post. Good health to you, and keep getting better every day.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:46 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
Unaffiliated.

After seeing Charles post in this thread* I reached out to ALS and bought into their program this AM. Daniel at ALS Tribology was extremely helpful when I called them and answered all of questions to my satisfaction. His contact info is below - There are some extra costs in shipping to and from but should work out to about BS pricing or a little less in the long run. Once I have their 'bottle within a bottle kits' (just like Blackstone) I will find a suitable mailer on Amazon and add to this thread.

*https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...3#post15888143

------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting our lab. We can offer a box of 10-kits that includes bottles and the analysis for a cost of $172. Once we received the oil samples, will test and deliver results within 48 hours via email.

If you would like to place an order or have any questions, feel free to call me at (602) 253-6515.

Best regards,

Daniel Cervantes
Customer Service Representative, Tribology USA
Why do you think ALS or anyone else is superior to Blackstone Labs? Are their lab instruments proven more accurate? Reviewing ALS reports I see the same measurements as anyone else's.

In another thread, someone said negative things regarding Blackstone Labs, but that individual is associated with a competitor lab, so I do not see the credibility. Someone else criticized Blackstone written comments - I do not even read them, as I know how to read the data. I have no affiliation with Blackstone but have used them for decades and find them consistent. But, should there be a compelling reason to select another UOA lab, I am all ears.

Attached is a pretty good interpretation of the components in a UOA. Link HERE.

Last edited by ADias; 06-05-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:46 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Why do you think ALS or anyone else is superior to Blackstone Labs? Are their lab instruments proven more accurate? Reviewing ALS reports I see the same measurements as anyone else's.

In another thread, someone said negative things regarding Blackstone Labs, but that individual is associated with a competitor lab, so I do not see the credibility. Someone else criticized Blackstone written comments - I do not even read them, as I know how to read the data. I have no affiliation with Blackstone but have used them for decades and find them consistent. But, should there be a compelling reason to select another UOA lab, I am all ears.
I don't have a horse in the race but it appears that the service is equal and the price may be less. Especially, if I ship several at once. That's all - looks like a good deal.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:42 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 638 Likes on 302 Posts

I'm going to add the following:

Since I was purchasing DI40 after much hype around the bore scoring fiasco, I opted for a Speed Diagnostix oil analysis from LNengineering.

Honestly was a bit disappointed. I included previous results for them to compare and provide contextual info on, and I wasn't given much. So for the premium, I didn't get the value I wanted out of it.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:27 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 266 Posts

I found this thread through a search and thought the OP might like to know that O'Reilly Auto carries Wix oil analysis test kits that are processed by ALS Tribology. The O'Reilly part number is 24077 and costs $18.99 (plus your shipping cost to send the sample to ALS).

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...ysis+kit&pos=1

Quick Reply: A Blackstone UOA Alternative - 10 for $172