Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed: No volume after 997.1 Bose Headunit replacement with Axxess HUR

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 04:08 PM
driggity
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Help needed: No volume after 997.1 Bose Headunit replacement with Axxess HUR

Hopefully someone out there can help with this. I have seen a few comments in old threads regarding similar problems and then getting it fixed, but no one said what the fix is.

I have an 08 C2S with Bose, steering wheel controls, and the a previous owner added a Tooki bluetooth unit. I wanted to upgrade to a new touch screen unit so I bought a setup from Crutchfield and replaced the Tooki with a fiber optic loop to close the circuit.

The new unit powers up fine and all the steering wheel controls work, but I get no sound from the speakers, not even static. This is the case with Bluetooth, FM and AM radio. I did connect +12V to the white wire to provide power to the antenna. If I pull out the new stereo, and harness and plug the stock back in everything works fine. If I unplug the fiber optics from the included converter I can see that the converter is putting out an optical signal, but it's like the amp isn't turning on.

I talked with Crutchfield tech support yesterday and they had me check some voltages and connections and everything seems correct. I have confirmed that the fader is set to the middle and volume is about halfway up on the stock unit when I disconnect it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:24 PM
driggity
Advanced

Bump. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2019, 06:43 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

There are three connectors on the Bose amp. One is the fiber optic connector C. The second is the primary speakers connector A with most of the wires. The third is connector B with what looks like three wires only. The amp has a "wake up" input on pin B5. It's 0.35mm (very thin) and colored white with red stripe. Be sure to connect that wire to 12V switched coming out of the new head unit.
The following users liked this post:
bradmd8120 (04-03-2024)
Old 05-20-2019, 07:37 PM
driggity
Advanced

Originally Posted by semicycler
There are three connectors on the Bose amp. One is the fiber optic connector C. The second is the primary speakers connector A with most of the wires. The third is connector B with what looks like three wires only. The amp has a "wake up" input on pin B5. It's 0.35mm (very thin) and colored white with red stripe. Be sure to connect that wire to 12V switched coming out of the new head unit.
Thanks. Is the other end of that wire connected to the factory stereo as seen in the attached picture? Because I'm 99% sure that there's nothing connected to that in my aftermarket harness. I'll check when I get home.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Yup, that's the wire. On that connector, called Plug C, pins are numbered from the wire side top to bottom, left to right:

C1 - CAN Display High, Yellow/Blue, 0.35mm (twisted with C2)
C2 - CAN Display Low, Black/Blue, 0.35mm (twisted with C1)
C4 - Wake Up, White/Red, 0.35mm <----- this is the one you want
C20 - CAN Wake Up, Green/Green, 0.35mm

If you have the telephone option there are additional wires on that connector for the handset and microphone.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 PM
driggity
Advanced

Originally Posted by semicycler
Yup, that's the wire. On that connector, called Plug C, pins are numbered from the wire side top to bottom, left to right:

C1 - CAN Display High, Yellow/Blue, 0.35mm (twisted with C2)
C2 - CAN Display Low, Black/Blue, 0.35mm (twisted with C1)
C4 - Wake Up, White/Red, 0.35mm <----- this is the one you want
C20 - CAN Wake Up, Green/Green, 0.35mm

If you have the telephone option there are additional wires on that connector for the handset and microphone.
Thanks, but now I'm even more confused. That wire is always reading +12V whether the key is on or off and even when disconnected from the stereo. I'm guessing that this car had more than just the Tooki installed at some point and maybe this switched power is constantly hot. There's nothing obvious in the fusebox so if it is tapped it's somewhere else. But then the question is why won't the amp connection work? Is it potentially a timing thing if the amp is turning on before the signal coming from the stereo? Or am I completely off base with that?
Old 05-22-2019, 09:03 PM
driggity
Advanced

Ok. One last call for help? Anyone else have thoughts on this.
Old 04-03-2024, 11:50 PM
bradmd8120
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by driggity
Ok. One last call for help? Anyone else have thoughts on this.
I am having same problem w Heregoes HU on 997.1 C4S w Bose. I think all one has to do is provide switched accessory 12v power to the c4 white red pin. Possibly one can use the blue power antenna wire from the HU

Quick Reply: Help needed: No volume after 997.1 Bose Headunit replacement with Axxess HUR