Sponsored by:

Glove Box stuck closed, now OPEN. Update: Need Part #

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 05:12 PM
ThunderRolls
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Glove Box stuck closed, now OPEN. Update: Need Part #

So ... my glove box latch slipped out of my fingers when opening it, and the door swung down hard. Frankly, I probably had too much in there, especially the all the manuals. So when I went back to close it, it closed but the latch seemed loose. And it was. When I say loose, I can tell that the hook on the end of the latch has come off the release bar (#4 in the pic). Now the door won't open. Does anyone know how to get the release bar to release when closed? I have double checked the lock with the key and it is not locked, and the latch move freely telling me that the catch hook is not connecting with the release bar like it should. Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I break it and have to order a new box or door (I don't even want to think about looking up the price)

Last edited by ThunderRolls; 05-19-2019 at 06:09 AM. Reason: update
Old 05-19-2019, 06:04 AM
ThunderRolls
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

Update: Need part number for the housing around the latch. I did have to drill the housing under the latch to get it open and so it will close and open normally. I can cover the hole with electrical tape for now while I find the part I need. I've looked in the PET, but it not clear what the part number is for this housing. Here is the part I am looking for:

Old 01-31-2022, 08:10 PM
aramosc
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I realize this thread is pretty old but with a shot since I am having the exact same issue. We’re you able to fix it? I have a red interior so I’d rather not drill on the latch enclosure.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:18 AM
9elvn
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by aramosc
I realize this thread is pretty old but with a shot since I am having the exact same issue. We’re you able to fix it? I have a red interior so I’d rather not drill on the latch enclosure.
this happened to me when I was installing my leather covered latch (I know over kill) if the latch is loose or you can pull it but nothing happens that means the piece of plastic that grabs the latch slipped. If you pull the latch open and look up into the latch mechanism you should be able to see the actual release lever I used a pick tool and manually released it. After that though you’re going to have to disassemble and lock and re-attach. There are instructions on macarbons website that are really easy to follow (it’s under the carbon replacement of the latch)

good luck!
Old 06-12-2023, 06:47 AM
Boxster987.2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@9elvn
Apologize for bringing up this thread, but it's the most relevant to my problem.
I have also the same problem as above.
The previous owner informed me that the g-box won't open.
It's stuck while the level is fully open.
I've taken a pic (hardly) of the mechanism below. Where should I use the pick tool to release it?

Old 06-12-2023, 12:19 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

guessing you can go in behind where the 4 vertical plastic things are. Here's a thread with plenty of pics, you can see how it all operates.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...placement.html
The following users liked this post:
Boxster987.2 (06-13-2023)

Quick Reply: Glove Box stuck closed, now OPEN. Update: Need Part #