Scoutiipippen
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 22 Posts
Default some interior pics

Old 05-15-2019, 02:35 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 276 Posts

Congratulations....gorgeous car! If it's me I wouldn't do the film; it's just a car....rock chips give it some character! But to each his own.

Good luck with that beauty.

Tom
Old 05-15-2019, 03:39 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new car! I'm looking to do PPF after fixing stone chips. Going to get a quote this Friday. You say you're in LA. Is that Louisiana or Los Angeles?
Old 05-15-2019, 04:13 PM
Scoutiipippen
Instructor

Hey , i am in Los Angeles. Where are you thinking of doing the PPF? my guy quoted me $2500 here in LA, the dealer said he could do it for $2k.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 409 Posts

I know I’m in the minority, but I’m not a fan of plastic covering my car, and with your car being black, and so easy to match the color for touch up, I’d skip the PPF and put the money towards a third party powertrain warranty instead. It’s what I did for my 07C2S.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Bomar Shelby
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow, what a sweet ride, beautiful and that paint correction, OMG!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:52 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoutiipippen
Hey , i am in Los Angeles. Where are you thinking of doing the PPF? my guy quoted me $2500 here in LA, the dealer said he could do it for $2k.
I'm going to get a quote from a place near my house in Santa Clarita called VIP Recon. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm only planning to do everything forward of the doors.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Scoutiipippen
Instructor

thank you so much.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:53 PM
Medford997
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Congrats!

Beautiful find! I would recommend the PPF. I’ve got all 3 of mine completely wrapped with xpel. Not cheap, but i don’t have a heart attack with every rock chip or scratch.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:53 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Although my question to all of you involves removing film it's on my 2010 Panamera 4S. (But I'm a loyal 997.2 owner first and post here often on it). The film is on the back bumper which was put on before I bought it. Would you remove it as I question why it was installed in the first place on the back bumper. Don't you think it is totally unnecessary? Your opinion matters as usual. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:59 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 205 Posts

Well done sir.
My car has film covering the entire front end up to 1/3 of the roof.
Including the Windshield. I would recommend it on the window as the glass must
be soft because it gets microscopic pits in it.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:51 AM
motown12
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoutiipippen
Thank you so much, did you happen to see it in person?
No I didn't see it in person but I remember admiring the pics for awhile. I have looked at hundreds of 911's online over the last few months as I was looking to buy my first 911. You can only imagine how many blacks 911's I saw for sale online. But the paint on this car looks like something you see at a concourse show are something. Just the level of depth and shine just pops off the screen. I ruled out black because my OCD would kick in and would spend way too much time trying to keep clean, but when they are clean they look amazing. Yours look simply stunning. I don't think I could enjoy driving it if I didn't have, at the minimum the front end protected with a film. Lots of responses already from guys who have a lot more knowledge about the costs, but anyway congrats again, stunning car!
Old 05-16-2019, 01:48 PM
Scoutiipippen
Instructor

Originally Posted by motown12
No I didn't see it in person but I remember admiring the pics for awhile. I have looked at hundreds of 911's online over the last few months as I was looking to buy my first 911. You can only imagine how many blacks 911's I saw for sale online. But the paint on this car looks like something you see at a concourse show are something. Just the level of depth and shine just pops off the screen. I ruled out black because my OCD would kick in and would spend way too much time trying to keep clean, but when they are clean they look amazing. Yours look simply stunning. I don't think I could enjoy driving it if I didn't have, at the minimum the front end protected with a film. Lots of responses already from guys who have a lot more knowledge about the costs, but anyway congrats again, stunning car!
hey thanks for the input. I know you can't see everything via pics, but the dealer told me after the paint correction the car is pretty much flawless, he said it would be jaw dropping after the ceramic coating. The big issue was putting the PPF would only make sense if i keep the car for years to come, and thats my goal...but you never know what may happen in terms of taste or life choices, then the next buyer would inherit $2k worth of work. Oh well, i want to protect it regardless. The videos he sent me show some great paint....i had the Cquarts ceramic done on my tesla model s, and i still think the job was better done with this dealership
Old 05-16-2019, 02:28 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Old 05-16-2019, 06:25 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

I would definitely go for the PPF... Although that price seems really high to me. I got the bumper, headlights, side mirrors, and half hood/fender covered for $700. The PPF was about $350 and $350 for labor. If you have seen PPF done before then you realize doing a full hood is not that much work... maybe 15 minutes. The fenders are probably 30 minutes or less for each fender. The front bumper is the pain, but if it is laser cut, then that helps cut down time too. If it is all custom cut, then more labor is involved. Not trying to take anything away from those who do PPF well, but $2000-2500 seems like a rip off deal to me and may be just because it's a "Porsche".

I do wish I went full hood coverage on my car. Our front hoods can take a beating the way they angle and are perfect launching ramps for rocks and other debris. Less so on the fender arches, but not a bad idea.

Just fyi.... PPF will not clearly shine the way your waxed, color corrected paint does. You will see a difference in the clarity and mirror like shine. Not to say it's bad or change your mind, but just so that you are aware.

Congrats on the car, absolutely stunning and with great options! Love the PSE!

Quick Reply: First Post :) New (to me) Porsche Owner