Muffler shop in SF/Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 12:46 PM
MLANDINGIN177
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Muffler shop in SF/Bay Area?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a muffler/performance shop that can do a center exhaust conversion in SF/Bay Area (I'm located in Fremont). My car is currently at a body shop upgrading to 997.2 taillights and GT3 RS rear bumper. The shop has notified me that they are unable to complete the exhaust portion of the work. I currently have stock muffler/cats and FVD center exit tips and piping for OEM muffler. I would prefer to keep the stock cats so I don't have to worry about smog. Car currently sits without mufflers, and heat shields on the car. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

-Mike
Old 05-02-2019, 01:27 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I would reach out to Shark Werks right there in Fremont. May not be something they'd do, but if not they'll certainly be able to refer you to a couple of competent shops.
Good luck.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:38 PM
nick2413
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I used S Car Go in Marin for my sharkwerks bypass, I would be massively surprised if they couldn't do it, plus they're super friendly and always have a ton of interesting P cars in the shop.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 202 Posts

Call sherkwerks or Alekshops. Both in fremont.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:05 AM
ill250
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

I highly doubt Sharkwerks or Alekshops would do it so you'll have to take it to a proper muffler shop. In order to fit your FVD center tips, they need to cut into your oem exhaust so thats probably why your shop couldn't do it. I'm in the process of doing the center exhaust conversion as well and I was thinking since my Tubi Style exhaust pipes can be disconnected between the muffler portion and tips, maybe I could buy FVD center exit tips and hopefully the piping would fit without modifications. For the heatshield, you can reuse them if you cut a small portion of it here on page 3 https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...version-3.html

If you don't mind me asking, which shop did you take it to? I may need a respray on my gt3 rear bumper. Keep us updated on the exhaust situation, Im from Fremont as well.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:52 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 465 Likes on 166 Posts

Cool project.

+1 on S-Car-Go in San Rafael. They have a guy onsite that does their custom fab. Rob is the owner, Pat and Wells are the lead mechanics.

Let me know if you go with them. I would be interested in swinging by to see it.

Quick Reply: Muffler shop in SF/Bay Area?