Sponsored by:

997TT DME report.....how bad.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 08:14 PM
JoeMX82
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 997TT DME report.....how bad.

I was considering purchasing this 08 TT but the dealer who has the car is pretty useless. They know literally knowing about the car, I know more than they do just by what I can see from the pics but that's another story. The DME report (attached) doesn't look great to me and if I'm reading it right all occurred around 100 hrs ago which based on the miles and hours averages to <3K miles ago. Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Porsche Turbo.pdf (14.6 KB, 83 views)
Old 04-25-2019, 08:33 PM
latonnelier
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 80 Posts

Ewwwww! That looks interesting -- A money shift that just reached all the way up, and it looks like that was just about the only time over redline. That would be a hard one--I know I wouldn't.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:25 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

I wouldn’t let that worry you one bit. It has been 110 hours and 3 & 4 ignitions in 5 & 6 seems fishy. If a failure were to happen because of that it would have already happened.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:39 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 556 Likes on 365 Posts

That's actual a pretty clean DME report, minus the few in 4,5 & 6. That statement sounds kinda dumb, I know.

100 hours ago, I probably wouldn't worry, maybe you can play it up with the dealer to negotiate the price down some more.

Do you plan on keeping for a while or could you see yourself selling at some point? Might want to consider that as well, as future buyers will also ask you about it..
Old 04-26-2019, 11:35 AM
JoeMX82
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 7 Posts

It’s the 5&6 blip that make me concerned. Also, car has 44k on it and 9 owners per carfax (might be overstated due to bank and dealer loans but still high). Previous owner only owned for 6 months which appears where the over-rev to 9k happened so a bit more worry building. Car is not local for me and thus would like to get comfortable via dealer but these guys are really poor. They know nothing about the car and just say they can tell it was never driven hard. Those lines drive me nuts, such a salesman pitch, like really, how can you tell that?!? they even explained the DME report to me as several missed shifts in first and second but only a few in 4-6 gears. Lol. I Don’t know if they are just not educated in this area or being deceptive on purpose. I just feel like yelling at them that I’m trying to buy the car they have for sale and they are screwing it up for themselves. Rant over.

Originally Posted by saabin
That's actual a pretty clean DME report, minus the few in 4,5 & 6. That statement sounds kinda dumb, I know.

100 hours ago, I probably wouldn't worry, maybe you can play it up with the dealer to negotiate the price down some more.

Do you plan on keeping for a while or could you see yourself selling at some point? Might want to consider that as well, as future buyers will also ask you about it..
Old 04-26-2019, 01:59 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The low number of ignitions in ranges 5 and 6 seem implausible. I beleive it is 3 ignitions per revoloution, so you would have had to transition through range 5, hit range 6, and transition back through range 4 in less than 2 RPMs.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:13 PM
Zettinger
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

that's already 100 hours behind, I wouldn't worry too much.
With only 3 and 4 ignitions in 5/6, It sounds like the clutch wasn't let out all the way during the money shift.

Quick Reply: 997TT DME report.....how bad.