Sponsored by:

New DSC-Creaking Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 12:53 PM
GTSpure
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Hi,
So I was able to find a quality material equivalent to PTFE that is not oil/petroleum based.
Where exactly should I spray the material?
(I will update on the results later)
Thanks in advance

https://www.wurthusa.com/Chemical-Pr...osol/p/0893550
Old 11-05-2023, 01:16 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,668 Likes on 976 Posts

Damn $43 a can???
Old 11-05-2023, 01:51 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 979 Posts

Before you buy that, I would just try some silicone spray and see if that solves your problem. Then, when and if it returns, then buy the expensive stuff.

Suggestion: put your front end up on jacks... will need two jacks, turn your wheel full left or right, have someone in your seat and while you look up at the mounts, have them turn full left and right. You will see where the joints are... spray the crap out of it and immediatly turn the wheel full left/right and back and forth to work it in while the solvent is still there. If you don't have two jacks, jack one side, turn the wheel so you see inside, and just spray up there into the mounts. You won't hurt anything.... IMO. Immediatly drop the car and turn the wheel left/right to work it in. Then do the other side. This is what I did first.... it worked but a few months later it returned, then I used the Winzer and it never came back. Turning your wheel while on one jack could put odd pressure on the jack as the car will move... and I don't think that is a good idea.

If you want Winzer, stop off at a speed shop or dealer and ask them for a can.... the shops where I discovered it said the parts van came around and carry the stuff.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 11-05-2023 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2023, 02:43 PM
GTSpure
Racer

Thank you so much Bruce!
I will do it as you wrote with lift (to be safe).
So if I understand correctly spray in these two points right?

BTW I already purchased the spray LOL (:
Old 11-05-2023, 03:19 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 979 Posts

Get up under there. And hit anywhere there is a transition between those rubber parts (color). Having the wheel hanging, you will see more opportunity.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 11-05-2023, 06:10 PM
GTSpure
Racer

Thank you🙏🏼
I'll update
Old 11-24-2023, 02:52 AM
Der Mechaniker
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rmag911
Just installed my DSC PASM controller. It definitely smoothed out the bumps, but I also immediately noticed a weird creaking coming from the front of the car. Seemed especially prominent in turns. Is the DSC controller the cause? or does the DSC's ability to move the dampers more just reveal a pre-existing issue?
(I realise I am replying to an old post but to a revived thread !)
I recently did a quick refurb of my front suspension as the bump stops were totally rotted away: new strut mounts, bump stops , strut boots and checked shocks- no issues noted with shocks. Replaced stabiliser bar links just because. Plan to replace stabiliser bar bushings ( again , "just because" , they're cheap ..but haven't done this yet, ran out of "working on my car time" ... .)
Installed DSC controller yesterday and , yes , fantastic when I took it for a test drive ..
Today went to the shops and for the first time ever , noticed noise from the steering when I was parking- ie car not even moving , turn the wheel and get noise, not sure where it was coming from but somehow seemed to be coming from under the dash but really not sure about that.
Tried turning PASM off , no change to noise.
I'm not thinking this is a worrying problem , will lubricate suspension stuff when I get a chance . I thought I might add this to the general pool of observations :shrug:

Last edited by Der Mechaniker; 11-24-2023 at 02:55 AM. Reason: 997.1 c2s 2007 coupe

Quick Reply: New DSC-Creaking Suspension