Sponsored by:

Alcantara steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 05:10 AM
pilfer
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I have half leather and half alcantera on my current wheel. No problems. If you're into upgrading your wheel why not get it exactly the way you want it? As long as you stick with the same style wheel you currently have you can customize your wheel for about half the cost of a new alcantera wheel from Suncoast with Dallas Custom Steering Wheels (no affiliation). Main reason (imo) to do it this way other than being able to pick the mix of alcantera and leather or all alcantera is that you can also make it thicker which makes a big difference and you can pick the color of the stitching to match whatever else you have in the interior.

It's a core exchange transaction so you send your old wheel back when you receive the new one and then get your deposit back. I've done two of them and can't remember the exact deposit amount but both transactions went very smoothly and they do nice work in less than a week. There's also DCT which does the same thing but I have no experience with them. Another one in Germany which I can't remember the name of. Somebody else will probably chime in. I've attached the two wheels done by Dallas. Cost me about $450 each with core exchange as I recall it. Links to Dallas and DCT at the bottom.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw1.htm
http://www.dctms.com/Products.html
those look great, pricing is better than dctms also. Just wish you could get a smaller diameter.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:29 AM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

Use baby wipes to restore your alcantara steering wheel, it removes all the oils and brings up the fibers again. Works like a charm.
The following users liked this post:
funkanimus (02-17-2020)

Quick Reply: Alcantara steering wheel