Sponsored by:

Homelink not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 12:50 AM
dmpslc
Racer

Received 287 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Homelink not working

2009 C2S - I'm not getting any response from the Homelink buttons - that is to say there is no light (far right) on the overhead when I hit any button or combination of buttons. This is with power on or off. Dome lights all work properly, sunroof works properly, heated/vented seats working. Head Unit has been replaced (not sure if this matters). Would love to get this figured out, but it's been real clear in my research that Homelink is pretty finicky.

Any ideas what to check first, is there a fuse? I can't seem to find a thread with this particular issue...

dmp
Old 02-22-2019, 10:35 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,555 Likes on 973 Posts

It may need to be reactivated by your dealer.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:09 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dmpslc
2009 C2S - I'm not getting any response from the Homelink buttons - that is to say there is no light (far right) on the overhead when I hit any button or combination of buttons. This is with power on or off. Dome lights all work properly, sunroof works properly, heated/vented seats working. Head Unit has been replaced (not sure if this matters). Would love to get this figured out, but it's been real clear in my research that Homelink is pretty finicky.

Any ideas what to check first, is there a fuse? I can't seem to find a thread with this particular issue...

dmp
Make sure ignition is on...sounds like you already confirmed this.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:10 PM
dmpslc
Racer

Iginition definitely on.
Dealer didn't think it was a reset issue because the PCM is gone but I may try another chat with them.
I did find info on a fuse I'll check. Fuse Holder B, Slot 6, Label: CU ON BOARD COMP. NETWORK, Fuse: 7.5A
Old 02-22-2019, 03:08 PM
jstdenis
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Setting Homelink depends on your garage opener; rolling code vs non-rolling. There are two separate protocols; rolling code requires a couple additional steps in the protocol. Check the owners manual.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:46 PM
Muscam1
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The version of HomeLink in your 997 may not support the newer garage openers. Believe if you have a MY 2006 or before - your HomeLink only supports the older non-rolling code technology. You can purchase a "bridge" device "Liftmaster 855LM Homelink Repeater Kit" that will act as the bridge between your 997 HomeLink and your newer garage door opener. I use this and it works great!
The following users liked this post:
tegraphile (05-06-2020)
Old 02-22-2019, 07:49 PM
DaBigBR
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My understanding from a number of prior threads is this may require the dealer to do a handover on PIWIS. That sounds particularly likely if the battery was disconnected for a while.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:41 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts

I was told the frequency that my 09 C2S uses doesn't match my garage door opener.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:59 PM
stripersteve
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jstdenis
Setting Homelink depends on your garage opener; rolling code vs non-rolling. There are two separate protocols; rolling code requires a couple additional steps in the protocol. Check the owners manual.
+1 . On my last car, I couldn't get Homelink to work, and it had something to do with the rolling codes issue. I called Homelink Customer Service, and they were great. They literally talked me through the process while I was trying to do it. I had to push a button on the garage motor and then run back to the car within so many seconds to sync up the signal. It worked perfectly after that... They are used to customers who can't get it to work...
Old 03-06-2019, 12:21 AM
dmpslc
Racer

Checked the fuse, it's good. Had the dealer perform the handover, no change.
Next up, figure out if the switches are getting power and if it's possible the led is just not working.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:41 AM
Pedro Monteiro
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmpslc
Checked the fuse, it's good. Had the dealer perform the handover, no change.
Next up, figure out if the switches are getting power and if it's possible the led is just not working.
Did you find a solution?
2007 C2S here and no lights from the homelink buttons..

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2020, 11:08 AM
JVinPortland
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

In my 997.2 (2009), the manual specifies the exact procedure to clear all prior codes and then perform the sync with your opener. It is a different procedure than most other transmitters I've used. As noted above, the procedure varies depending on whether your opener used fixed or rolling codes. I'd start with the Porsche owner's manual before anything else.
Cheers,
JV
Old 05-06-2020, 01:53 PM
dmpslc
Racer

I never found a solution to my issue - I'm fairly certain my homelink module is dead and I'm too lazy to pull apart the bumper to fix it with a new (or used) module. $25 solution was to add a new remote to dash cubby.

I went through the steps in the manual, and everyone else's suggestions - no lights inside the car, no response from the opener, etc...
Old 05-07-2020, 03:49 PM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I had this after battery replacement and it was solved by dealership doing Handover procedure using PIWIS.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:01 PM
zolo47
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Homelink not holding setting

I know that this is a different issue but wanted to get it out there. I couldn’t get both my Macan and my 911’s Homelink to work. I could get one to work and when I programmed the other it would work but now the first one wouldn’t. I would reprogram the first one to work and now the second one had lost it’s program. Turns out the garage door opener was maxed out on codes (full) and needed to be cleared of all previous codes. A simple process that the door opener manufacturer walked me through and both vehicles have worked perfectly since that time.

Quick Reply: Homelink not working