Sponsored by:

New Rear Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 05:57 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by oronymo
Very nice! Are these the red/clear, or "rosso burgundy" ? I'm thinking about the burgundy ones which are slightly smoked to knock down the "bling" factor on the clear LEDs in the middle.

Also, do you have any pictures of them while OFF in the sunlight?
I got the rosso burgandy ones - they are actually the dark red smoky jobs. I'd get the normal red ones if I did it again.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:34 PM
oronymo
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
I got the rosso burgandy ones - they are actually the dark red smoky jobs. I'd get the normal red ones if I did it again.
Pictures? What don't you like about the "rosso burgundy" ?
Old 04-06-2019, 02:10 AM
oronymo
Racer

I finally found a picture of the SpecD versions in red/smoke. Looks pretty good. Might try them out.

Although I really like the look of the VIPMotoz inner leds a little better.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:25 PM
oronymo
Racer

Ok, I've put together side-by-side comparisons between Spec-D Tuning (left) and VIPMotoz (right). It's not a perfect comparison (good quality and consistent photos are hard to find!). I'm really torn between them. I like the VIPMotoz more oem-like look, especially when off. I prefer the Spec-D brake and turn signal styling and more modern look.

Old 04-06-2019, 02:09 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

I am not a fan of aftermarket anything on these cars, but I have to admit those lights look real nice!
Old 04-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Caustic
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

$.02. VIPMotoz all the way. The way its laid out makes it look more OEM and thought through. The only thing that I don't like are the sequential turn signals. Is there a way to turn that off, or a purchasing option not to have it?
Old 04-06-2019, 05:27 PM
oronymo
Racer

Originally Posted by Caustic
$.02. VIPMotoz all the way. The way its laid out makes it look more OEM and thought through. The only thing that I don't like are the sequential turn signals. Is there a way to turn that off, or a purchasing option not to have it?
they definitely look closer to 997.2

but in my opinion the SpecD are closer to 991. I just wish the center section wasn’t so tall.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:19 PM
oronymo
Racer

red/clear or red/smoked?

i like the look of 991s and Macans where the clear part is a dark gray rather than white. I’m thinking red/smoked would be better.

Are yours the sequential orange turn signal? How does that look in real life?
do these have a fog light bulb on both sides? Do they both work when the rear fogs are turned on?
Old 04-07-2019, 05:14 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Pictures? What don't you like about the "rosso burgundy" ?
I'll see if I have any pics. They're quite dark, I have a silver car and I thought they would be nice but turned out to be much darker than expected.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:15 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

I can't upload a video unfortunately.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:55 AM
oronymo
Racer

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi

I'll see if I have any pics. They're quite dark, I have a silver car and I thought they would be nice but turned out to be much darker than expected.
looks good but that is quite dark, you’re right. I have a black car and it would look kind of cool but I think a bit too murdered out for my taste.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 PM
oronymo
Racer

Cross-posting this from the other tail-light discussion..
I bought both the VIP Motoz in Red/Clear (because the "rosso burgundy" looks way too dark) and the Spec-D Tuning in Red/Smoke (because the clear version has a giant bright array of LEDs in the middle).

I'm going to install one on each side this weekend and decide. I'll try to take some good comparison photos and videos when I do.

Still really torn. I like the simple style of the Spec-D, but I like the rich red/black contrast of the VIP Motoz. I don't like the red fog light bulb in the reflector in the Motoz, but I'm also not a huge fan of the giant array of LEDs on the Spec-D.

I think my ideal would be the Spec-D where the center section is tinted and the red outline is NOT tinted. Perhaps the best solution is the clear Spec-D with a custom tint... hhmmm...

Old 04-12-2019, 12:20 PM
chonniedotcom
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Cross-posting this from the other tail-light discussion..
I bought both the VIP Motoz in Red/Clear (because the "rosso burgundy" looks way too dark) and the Spec-D Tuning in Red/Smoke (because the clear version has a giant bright array of LEDs in the middle).

I'm going to install one on each side this weekend and decide. I'll try to take some good comparison photos and videos when I do.

Still really torn. I like the simple style of the Spec-D, but I like the rich red/black contrast of the VIP Motoz. I don't like the red fog light bulb in the reflector in the Motoz, but I'm also not a huge fan of the giant array of LEDs on the Spec-D.

I think my ideal would be the Spec-D where the center section is tinted and the red outline is NOT tinted. Perhaps the best solution is the clear Spec-D with a custom tint... hhmmm...

If you don’t like the red bulb. Pull it out. It’s just the rear fog anyways. Or replace with a good white LED bulb that has canbus. ;-)
Old 04-12-2019, 12:20 PM
SweetWater
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Do any of these work for 997.2?
Old 04-12-2019, 01:56 PM
oronymo
Racer

Originally Posted by SweetWater
Do any of these work for 997.2?
No, the 997.2 has a different shaped lens housing and different software control. Besides a 997.2 already has LEDs :-)

Quick Reply: New Rear Tail Lights