Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM replacement in Palm Springs area

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019 | 02:12 PM
vern1
Race Car

Default PCM replacement in Palm Springs area

My PCM seems to have given it up on my trip from Toronto to PS. I have pulled the fuse several times. The unit comes on and off at various random times. I understand the hard drive goes over time on some of these.

I am in the Palm Springs area and wondered if someone had a recommendation on a good after market stereo shop where i might replace the unit? I will drop by the local dealer in Rancho Mirage but seeking recommendations here as well

Thanks
Old 02-06-2019 | 11:31 AM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

By replace did you mean aftermarket HU or the factory PCM? If the latter, get in touch with Becker Autosound in NJ, they can either do a swap for a refurb, or repair yours.
Old 02-06-2019 | 01:50 PM
vern1
Race Car

Aftermarket. I dont see the point on spending money to fix an outdated system especially when you can replace the HU and amp for about half what it costs to repair the Becker unit
Old 02-07-2019 | 12:19 AM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vern1
Aftermarket. I dont see the point on spending money to fix an outdated system especially when you can replace the HU and amp for about half what it costs to repair the Becker unit
I agree, but mine’s BOSE, so I either need to buy a pricey MOST-HUR adapter (which I read people are having noise issues with) or rewire the system to bypass the fiber optics. I’ve got the Tranzit-blu HF bluetooth unit, and my iphone XR sits in a proclip cradle right above the PCM screen and use SIRI to operate, so basically like having Apple Play. I never listen to commercial radio. Repairing the PCM would seem like throwing good money after bad though, I agree.
Old 02-07-2019 | 03:34 PM
vern1
Race Car

Mines Bose as well. I have the Dension 500 that gives me BT etc and also clip my phone by the pcm for maps etc

I have read about some noise issues but think you can just replace the amp to get around that. The amp seems cheaper that the MOST adapter. But admittedly i have just started researching this so not sure whether i will go with the adapter or just get rid of the amp

Cheers

Quick Reply: PCM replacement in Palm Springs area