Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Issues from replacing Coil Springs?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:10 PM
tophand576
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Issues from replacing Coil Springs?!!!

I have a 2009 C2 PDK, non PASM. WTF went wrong just working on the shocks?

Huge emergency. Not sure what happened. I've been working on the suspension all day. Replacing the front springs and a few other pieces. Nothing huge, but a lot of work. I only got the front done today, and when I finished and went to go for a ride, the car went bat**** crazy, electronics. I got ABS failures, PSM Failure, System Failure see service center, dynamic headlight failure, on an on with the errors. The spoiler raised and I have a spoiler failure. All for just working on the shocks. It won't even attempt to start just "click, click, click". I disconnected the negative battery terminal and waited a few minutes before reconnecting, but that made things worse. Any clue? I did have the front trunk open all day and the key in the ignition so I could turn the hubs. Did the battery just die? There are a lot of electronics that come on when I turn the key to the accessory position. This sucks.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:54 AM
swartzzz
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like battery drain. Start there or have it tested.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:38 AM
tophand576
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE: Turns out it was the battery. I went out and purchased a charger and a jump starter and managed to get it running. All of the faults cleared other than the airbag warning light won't go off. I've read that you can't clear that on your own without a durametric, which I don't have.

Quick Reply: Electrical Issues from replacing Coil Springs?!!!