Sponsored by:

Manual tranny question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 05:58 AM
Zoefhaus
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Yea but so was "Priority of the right"!!!! Years ago, I rented a car and nearly killed myself and a ton of others! Then there is your darn highway signs... sometimes in French and sometimes in Dutch!! I was fallowing signs for Liege and then promptly got really lost.... signs magically changed to Luik.

(Best beer, chocolate and French cooking in Europe.)

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Ah bit like this then:

Old 01-30-2019, 06:01 AM
Zoefhaus
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Yea but so was "Priority of the right"!!!! Years ago, I rented a car and nearly killed myself and a ton of others! Then there is your darn highway signs... sometimes in French and sometimes in Dutch!! I was fallowing signs for Liege and then promptly got really lost.... signs magically changed to Luik.

(Best beer, chocolate and French cooking in Europe.)

Peace
Bruce in Philly
The company I work for has a plant close to Philly (Cherry Hill).
Next time I need to go there I'll study your local driving habits and provide an equally insightful analysis
Old 01-30-2019, 09:17 AM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Balr14
This was many years ago, clutches with organic facing were cheap and replaced often, or "resurfaced' by burning it in a little more. I absolutely hated the cars from 1973 to 1992. So, I drove cars from the 50s and 60s until 1996. I could replace a clutch in about 2 hours for under $100. I would not do that with a modern car, especially a Porsche. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, just an anecdote from 50 years ago. Sometimes I forget I am in a forum were everyone takes everything dead seriously.
Never mind the fact that you didn't mention that it "an anecdote from 50 years ago" in your original post....shame on the commentariat for not being able to read between the lines.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:34 AM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Batman33
Never mind the fact that you didn't mention that it "an anecdote from 50 years ago" in your original post....shame on the commentariat for not being able to read between the lines.
If anyone bothered to look at my profile, they would know I'm 75 years old. So, what are the odds I taught my brother, sister and kids to drive manual transmission recently?
Old 01-30-2019, 11:52 AM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 270 Posts

If anyone bothered to look at my profile, they would know I'm 75 years old. So, what are the odds I taught my brother, sister and kids to drive manual transmission recently?
Hahahah. You're never too young to learn!
Old 01-30-2019, 12:13 PM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Right! EVEYBODY checks out EVERY poster's profile before responding!
Old 01-30-2019, 02:29 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

This is ridiculous ..... If this is an issue don't drive standard ..... What happens if you are on a slope stuck in downtown traffic or in urban crawl speed ?? My Cayenne has hill assist and personally I could take it or leave it. Too many BS driving features .... Back up cameras , Sensors for this that and the other thing ....What happened to good old fashioned driving skills and a simplistic cockpit .... No ***** , doo Hickeys , French ticklers(992) etc ....
Old 01-30-2019, 02:44 PM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

This should be required reading material for driver education programs.

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Manual tranny question.