Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 blown away - just rode in a Tesla

Old 01-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
And in addition... they are not a product of fossil remnants. The stuff is currently produced under the earth's crust in areas where animals/plants never treaded.

It's all a false religion and bad/fraudulent science, but it's very difficult to argue about religions, especially fake ones.
You should be ashamed of yourself, while altruistic people like Al Gore just left his mansion on his private jumbo jet to spread the gospel about global warming, excuse me climate change. Anyways I'm not sure if you heard, but political genius and wunderkind Alexandria Ocasio Cortez just said the world is going to end in 12 years because of global warming, excuse me climate change. I think it's time we all take this, like seriously. Like yeah.

100% Actual Real Quotation
"Like, the world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change." ~ Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, January 22, 2019
Old 01-23-2019, 10:21 AM
FZP
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Balr14
I think the main contention is that it reduces your carbon footprint, for which your only viable basis for comparison is the environmental impact of creating the batteries.
For a true comparison, it should show the supply chain carbon footprint to truly show environmentally friendly your Tesla's are.
As an example, I see Richard Branson as a brilliant businessman, creates thousands of jobs around the world, fantastic. But I can't take environmental lectures from the bloke when he must ultimately be one of the biggest carbon creators in the western world. Be clear that I'm talking about full supply chain carbon creation, not just what Virgin group creates.
As my fave tv Judge says, "if you're going to come to court, come with clean hands, otherwise I can't take you seriously"
Old 01-23-2019, 01:49 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

The arguments given are wonderful examples of why assessing the impact of electric vehicles is so difficult. Not to mention the unintended consequences when millions of people use a product or technology, that looked great when only a small percentage of people used it.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:07 AM
makoshark72
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Well while most everyone is driving their Teslas...0-60 in 2.5, I'll be poking around in my SC, 964, and 997tt on 30 cents/gal gas!😁😁😁😁...supply/demand!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997 blown away - just rode in a Tesla