Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black side mirrors on a GTS as an option?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 10:05 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Black side mirrors on a GTS as an option?

I picked up my 997.2 GTS 2nd hand back in 2012, Carrara White, black center locks and it had gloss black painted side mirrors. Over the years, I've noticed that all the other GTSes seem to have body color matched mirrors until recently, when I saw 2 cars with black mirrors. Nothing on my build sheet denotes that there was an option for black mirrors so I'm a bit stumped.

Was the 997.2 GTS available from the factory with black mirrors as an option (not through CXX)?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:56 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

No. If they were painted a color other than body color it would have either been CXX or done after delivery.

I will caveat that there was a very limited run of Carrera Cup Asia cars that were C2Ss with an accent package that included contrast color graphics and deviated painted mirrors (red cars had black mirrors). I don't think they can be imported (yet) but it wouldn't surprise me if some Chinese Silicon Valley techie brought one with him to the Bay Area.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:05 PM
blakecam
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

My guess is that you have aftermarket black caps on your mirrors. If so, they should be removable to expose the body color.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:05 PM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd guess they are wrapped.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 170 Posts

They are definitely painted mirrors. Whether they came off a donor car or were painted aftermarket, I don't know. I guess I could take a paint gauge to them to figure it out.

Thanks folks for confirming the GTS didn't have an option for black mirrors.

FWIW... Brumos did a run of 5 cars that had an option "DZN Customization Package" which included the black mirrors on a Carrara White car along with Brumos colored stripes.

Quick Reply: Black side mirrors on a GTS as an option?