Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Doing Flips in Paris!!! Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 09:54 AM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

Actually, it is $8 a gallon for French people. Each liter of gasoline is taxed at more than 88%.
Diesel was not so expensive before, because it is used by Trucks and for heating houses. However, the new Macron based government decided to put the Diesel price on par with Gasoline.
You have to know that most French vehicles are using Diesel engines.....and that change makes a lot of people unhappy.

Yves
Old 12-04-2018, 09:58 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Why wear a "Hey I'm easy to identify" bright yellow vest when protesting, destroying & looting?
Not too smart those French.
Maybe they should have consulted the Black Block
Old 12-04-2018, 11:37 AM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
Why wear a "Hey I'm easy to identify" bright yellow vest when protesting, destroying & looting?
Not too smart those French.
Maybe they should have consulted the Black Block
The Yellow jacket is the symbol of drivers. French laws require that you have such high-visibility vests in each vehicle, in case of accidents, breakdown, flat tires or when you have to stop on the side of the road.

Because the new taxation reforms are mostly affecting drivers and diesel/fuel prices, drivers of all French vehicles have embraced the infamous and mandatory yellow jackets as their logo and symbol. Besides, they are not trying to hide, just expressing their disapprobation. So called "Casseurs" (destroyers) are another group which is taking advantage of all social upheavals, to commit lots of destruction. These casseurs are not driving anything, are mostly migrants and lower layers of the society who are not integrated and whose sole purpose is to destroy and cause havoc (i.e. Hooligans).

Yves

Yves
Old 12-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Prelude Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis R. Cliff
You do not have to go to Paris France to see violent protest riots, destruction of cars. damage to businesses, attacks on citizens, and things set on fire. We have it all right here in downtown Portland Oregon. I refuse to drive my P-car anywhere near Portland's city center. Also, If you should find yourself in Portland downtown, watch where you step!!!!
Hmmm, that's weird. I watch MSNBC and CNN all the time but I haven't heard anything about this! Are you suuuuuuure this is happening? Oh well.

*Watching CNN and hearing how great the caravan is
Old 12-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by yvesvidal
The Yellow jacket.... French laws require that you have such high-visibility vests in each vehicle, in case of accidents, breakdown, flat tires or when you have to stop on the side of the road.Yves
As a Spaniard who now spends 4-5 months out of the year over there (I'm retired), Spanish law requires that you wear this vest while stopping and exiting your vehicle on any road.

The vest must be within the vehicle and accessible at all times. As an incentive please know that the fines for not complying are enough to help you remember in the future. So if ever you were to rent a car over there please keep this in mind and also know that all rental cars have one in the glove box.

BTW, the jackets are not yellow but rather an iridescent light green. The same color the clothes that all road workers must use while performing their duties.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:05 PM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Astur
As a Spaniard who now spends 4-5 months out of the year over there (I'm retired), Spanish law requires that you wear this vest while stopping and exiting your vehicle on any road.

The vest must be within the vehicle and accessible at all times. As an incentive please know that the fines for not complying are enough to help you remember in the future. So if ever you were to rent a car over there please keep this in mind and also know that all rental cars have one in the glove box.

BTW, the jackets are not yellow but rather an iridescent light green. The same color the clothes that all road workers must use while performing their duties.

A real asturiano? I was born and raised East from you, in Bilbao.

Here in Switzerland people don't understand what's going on in France, but the Swiss are a tad more civilised than that. In fact the Swiss never understood why the French and other European governments were subsidizing diesel (because that's happening in France is not really a tax increase, but a removal of tax breaks on diesel vs gasoline which is also happening in Spain), nor do they understand, in their environmentally-friendly consciousness, that so many Europeans spent their money buying cars that expel clouds of black fumes through their exhausts.

Anyway, France is the country of strikes and violent demonstrations; the country where cars are burnt, public equipment vandalized and shops looted just because, so this should not be a surprise. And all this because of some 6 cents of a euro increase per liter of diesel; a little over a quarter dollar per gallon.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:39 AM
JABowders
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

...where did I put my Flame Thrower? Never underestimate the stupidity of large groups of people.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Prelude Guy
Hmmm, that's weird. I watch MSNBC and CNN all the time but I haven't heard anything about this! Are you suuuuuuure this is happening? Oh well.

*Watching CNN and hearing how great the caravan is
That caravan is a Hollywood script and those are paid actors in Tijuana that are having rocks thrown at them by the citizens in Tijuana.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:22 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

This is not just about fuel taxes. It is about forced immigration.

Quick Reply: 997 Doing Flips in Paris!!! Woohoo!