Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove the 997.2 Lower Bumper Cover Trim Panel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 105 Posts
Default How to remove the 997.2 Lower Bumper Cover Trim Panel?

The front lip I purchased (Aero Function AF-2) will not seem to go on properly.
I believe I need to remove both of the lower bumper trim covers to make it work.
Does anyone know how they come off? The part number is 9975055260101C
Would rather not have to pull the bumper off to get to them as I've never done that before.
Still unsure about this lip....

Thanks
Old 11-26-2018, 07:29 AM
swingwing
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

I pulled my front bumper cover off to clean the AC condensers and radiators, and also to replace the same trim panels you're talking about. Removing the whole cover is a little tedious but not too difficult. You just need to take your time and keep track of what fasteners go where. I also popped out the headlights. Take care with the flat spring clips (diagram #24) located near the frunk latch that are a little fiddly. Part of the removal also involves disconnecting the windshield washer fluid line in the left wheel well. Clamp off the line or at least have a bucket ready or you'll soon have a mess on your garage floor (ask me how I know). In my opinion it's worth pulling the bumper to give your condensers and radiators a good cleaning. You can remove the bumper with the car on the ground, but I put mine up on the QuickJack and removed the front wheels; made the job much easier as I was working by myself. If you happen to see a video of the Porsche assembly line you'll see these bumper covers put on quickly by two workers, one on each side - and also before the wheels are mounted.

Left AC condenser. Note debris at top of radiator behind it.

Single fastener holds the condenser to the radiator frame. Separate the two pieces slightly for cleaning.

Right condenser and radiator. Plastic channel above it guides the bumper cover into position on reassembly.

Last edited by swingwing; 11-26-2018 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added wording.

Quick Reply: How to remove the 997.2 Lower Bumper Cover Trim Panel?