Sponsored by:

Aero Cup Bumper Help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018 | 05:00 PM
latonnelier
Racer

Default Aero Cup Bumper Help...

Hi All,
I hope everyone is enjoying this Veteran's Day. Many thanks to those who have served.

I'm spending the day working on my car. After a 4 month slow search/purchase process I've added a GT3 radiator with the upward ducting with mostly used parts, except for the radiator hoses. All told, I am at $308 for all those parts--but it took months of looking, I don't even know if it was worth it. And I have set my Aero bumper on the chassis to check alignment and fit before I take the car in for a front end respray. It is a Porsche part, but, you know..."measure twice, cut once" plus I get the chance to play Also, I'm deleting the headlight washers -- we'll see how that goes -- the bumper has marks on the inside to cut holes if I want to put the washers back on.

Anyways, I have everything ready to go but I am looking for a spacer that fits on the underside of the bumper and looks a bit like a Dixie cup. See my pic below. I figure it is a Motorsports part so maybe its a little more challenging to find, or I just don't know what the heck I'm talking about.
If anyone knows what the part number or where I can get the part I would greatly appreciate the help.

Looking for the part number of the black spacer circled in the pic.
Here's a pic of the bumper fit up on the front end of the car. Inside that lower opening is my GT3 front radiator.

Just a quick fit-up -- I'll cut the vent opening before sending to paint.
Old 11-13-2018 | 12:23 AM
okbarnett
Drifting

I would go to the parts dept and have them look it up, if you cant buy it separately from the bumper, youll have to make something
Old 11-13-2018 | 12:15 PM
latonnelier
Racer

Originally Posted by okbarnett
I would go to the parts dept and have them look it up, if you cant buy it separately from the bumper, youll have to make something
I have, my local dealership (while nice people) seem somewhat limited when it comes to assisting. Perhaps I just don't have enough of an established relationship with them.
Old 11-13-2018 | 01:10 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

I think that part came in the accessories bag when I got my OEM aero bumper. Did you buy it new?
Old 11-13-2018 | 01:15 PM
latonnelier
Racer

Originally Posted by jeebus31
I think that part came in the accessories bag when I got my OEM aero bumper. Did you buy it new?
Its new, but old stock- got a lot of the accessories but not that piece. I take it there is no part number, maybe I'll call Sunset.
Old 11-13-2018 | 01:39 PM
latonnelier
Racer

Sometimes I just need a good ol' kick in the ****.
Called Suncoast and the guy there helped me track it down.

Oh, that hurt my head
Old 11-13-2018 | 02:48 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

what is it and whats it do, does it insert into the frame to hold the plastic from drooping down
Old 11-13-2018 | 03:06 PM
latonnelier
Racer

This part is a spacer that allows the bumper to mount to the body of the car. The bottom of the Aero bumper is a bit lower(maybe an inch or so) than the stock bumper and this makes up that gap. The picture on my last post is a bit deceptive, look at my first pic and you will see it is right in the middle. But you are correct, it holds the middle of the bumper to keep it from drooping.

Here's where it goes

Quick Reply: Aero Cup Bumper Help...