Sponsored by:

installing rss 901 bar..ready searched

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:17 PM
sober_owl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default installing rss 901 bar..ready searched

just finished painting it.. and ive been searching for other peoples threads and have a few questions that are not clear..

1st.. can i keep rear seats even though they are gonna be useless?

if i cant keep rear seats what do i do with rear seatbelts? can they just stay hanging there?

also if i remove front seats and have to move car will i get an airbag light and need a computer to reset?
Old 10-04-2018, 01:59 AM
chaforjohn
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one answer for you:
"also if i remove front seats and have to move car will i get an airbag light and need a computer to reset?"
A: Yes, you will need to take it to somewhere with PIWIS to get it reset.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:09 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 205 Posts

how will you move the car with no front seats?

They take 10 minutes to put back in. You will probably need to remove them and possibly the center console depending on the bar.
Also, be careful you don't bang into the rear view mirror. You can break it or the windshield.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Stable Energies
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our head tech Michael says "You can leave the bottom cushion.. but back rest have to come out."

"Rear belts can come out for looks, but you'll have to remove panels to access them. Just depends on how far you want to dig."

"You'll get a airbag light , but if you can find a shop/dealer that is willing to.. you can disable them to avoid the light."

Hope this helps a little. Any other questions let us know, we're happy to help!

There a few photos of an install in this link http://www.stableenergies.com/RSS-90...tinfo/RSS-901/
Old 10-04-2018, 12:47 PM
sober_owl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stable Energies
Our head tech Michael says "You can leave the bottom cushion.. but back rest have to come out."

"Rear belts can come out for looks, but you'll have to remove panels to access them. Just depends on how far you want to dig."

"You'll get a airbag light , but if you can find a shop/dealer that is willing to.. you can disable them to avoid the light."

Hope this helps a little. Any other questions let us know, we're happy to help!

There a few photos of an install in this link http://www.stableenergies.com/RSS-90...tinfo/RSS-901/
Originally Posted by chaforjohn
I have one answer for you:
"also if i remove front seats and have to move car will i get an airbag light and need a computer to reset?"
A: Yes, you will need to take it to somewhere with PIWIS to get it reset.
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
how will you move the car with no front seats?

They take 10 minutes to put back in. You will probably need to remove them and possibly the center console depending on the bar.
Also, be careful you don't bang into the rear view mirror. You can break it or the windshield.
thanks for the replies.. answer all my questions... bar looks good from.behind..now debating on removing tinted windows ..jaja

Quick Reply: installing rss 901 bar..ready searched