911obsession Build Thread | Platinum Silver | 997.2 Carrera | Quality Photos - Page 10 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Forum
Reload this Page >

911obsession Build Thread | Platinum Silver | 997.2 Carrera | Quality Photos

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911obsession Build Thread | Platinum Silver | 997.2 Carrera | Quality Photos

Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 PM
preelude
User

Originally Posted by EG997C2 View Post
Mine is pretty low and NB as well. The rear camber is just about maxed out and front is over 2 degrees on rennline mounts. I have yet to align it so don't know the exact specs. 305/30/19 Michelin PSS looks fairly stretched and the edge sticks out another 4-5mm past the rim edge. Tough to get a good photo in the garage since it's middle of winter here but hope these help. That red C2 is running very aggressive camber, probably more then most would along with a very low suspension. I literally did 2 weeks of research before settling on those figures myself.
Your car looks great! I think mine will be lower and that is what will make all the difference, the red one I posted seems much lower than yours, I wouldn't consider that aggressive camber either. Here is a photo of Duwerke's old 911 with same specs except 20" (20x9.0 et43 and 20x12.0 et53):

Last edited by preelude; 02-11-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Wolfk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by preelude View Post
Keep in mind that my car is lowered, as you drop the car the wheels tuck-in. 19x9.0 ET43 should be flush fit with my suspension setup.
Yes, you are correct. I am also lowered and that is what I am basing my measurements on. If your comfortable with running big neg camber then you will be fine. Is BC guaranteeing fitment?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:36 PM
EG997C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by preelude View Post
You car looks great! I think mine will be lower and that is what will make all the difference, the red one I posted seems much lower than yours, I wouldn't consider that aggressive camber either. Here is a photo of Duwerke's old 911 with same specs except 20" (20x9.0 et43 and 20x12.0 et53):

I suppose you can make room if you're willing to go as low as the above car. My photos are a little deceiving due to the angle but I'm pretty sure the top of the tire is tucked both front and rear.

You'll love the wheels. I've had two sets and can't say enough about the quality you get for the money.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:37 PM
preelude
User

Originally Posted by Wolfk View Post
Yes, you are correct. I am also lowered and that is what I am basing my measurements on. If your comfortable with running big neg camber then you will be fine. Is BC guaranteeing fitment?
No they are not, I supplied the specs! Duwerke is "guaranteeing" the fitment, hahaha. The man is a fitment expert, I am happy that he helped out and convinced me to run this setup. Here are couple more photos of his setup (not much neg camber!):

Old 02-11-2019, 07:42 PM
preelude
User

Originally Posted by EG997C2 View Post
I suppose you can make room if you're willing to go as low as the above car. My photos are a little deceiving due to the angle but I'm pretty sure the top of the tire is tucked both front and rear.

You'll love the wheels. I've had two sets and can't say enough about the quality you get for the money.
Seeing your photo's I can tell that if you go lower (as I plan to do) your wheels would tuck in. I am glad to hear that you are happy with them (and more than one set too), I have a couple of friend's that have BC's on their BMW's and they have nothing but good things to say about them.

Last edited by preelude; Yesterday at 12:01 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: