Sponsored by:

997.2 S Cab- Exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 10:23 PM
DiREW0LF
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 997.2 S Cab- Exhaust options

I've read the many posts about 997.2 exhausts but haven't found any that specifically talk about loudness of the aftermarket exhausts when installed on a cab. I thought I was decided on the Fister/Sharkwerks setup but am also intrigued by the Brombacher and Fabspeed options. I definitely want louder, but not ear piercing loud when the top is down. I love the tone of the Brombacher Street-Sport Muffler, but have a feeling its going to be a bit much in the cab. The Brombacker Street-Sport PDK, from what I can tell in the videos, seems a little more tame. Then there are the muffler only options to which I can add the Sharkwerks bypass. I'm not really into the Tubi as it's a little high pitched for my tastes.

Is there anyone in or around Northern NJ with aftermarket exhausts on their cabs that would be willing to give me a listen? Or can someone at least chime in with their opinion on the matter?

OH, and what's the general consensus of the Fabspeed tips? I like that they're slightly larger than the standard S tips and have that inside chamfer.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:41 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

I have the full FabSpeed intake and exhaust. I am hearing impaired, so I can't really comment on the sound. But, everyone who hears it really likes the sound. Even my brother, who is a die-hard big V8 fan, says it sounds real nice when I get on it a bit. That's a high compliment from him.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:09 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DiREW0LF
OH, and what's the general consensus of the Fabspeed tips? I like that they're slightly larger than the standard S tips and have that inside chamfer.

Thanks!
I have the quad fab speed chrome tips and love mine, especially they are nicely rounded and larger as you stated. 20k miles on them and still many smiles ..went down the same path in choosing an exhaust among the same brands - opted for the Fister/Sharkwerks combo for best balanced sound.

Its subjective and if you searched for the fister/Sharkwerks combo there should be more posts and sound clips to help you decide OP, GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply: 997.2 S Cab- Exhaust options