Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More wife damage, any ideas what get messed up here . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Meursault88
I'd be focused on "what was so damn important that you didn't have the inclination to put the top up".
You obviously don't understand hot women, especially hot, younger Eastern European women . . . Just about everything.

I was in St. Thomas and she had a big get together with all her girlfriends, parked in front of the house, drank some wine, forgot about the top being down, fell asleep and it rained over night. **** happens.

She is taking it in today and already had a professional detailer they use for the Rolls Royces, Aston Martins and Bentleys come by and do enzyme treatment and etc.

Must be the control module under the seat. I don't think any water got on the button panel in front of the shifter because piece of paper in the cubby beneath it did not get wet. Fuses looked fine.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:37 AM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
You obviously don't understand hot women, especially hot, younger Eastern European women . . . Just about everything.

I was in St. Thomas and she had a big get together with all her girlfriends, parked in front of the house, drank some wine, forgot about the top being down, fell asleep and it rained over night. **** happens.

She is taking it in today and already had a professional detailer they use for the Rolls Royces, Aston Martins and Bentleys come by and do enzyme treatment and etc.

Must be the control module under the seat. I don't think any water got on the button panel in front of the shifter because piece of paper in the cubby beneath it did not get wet. Fuses looked fine.
Man oh man have I been there. Looking back now, the stories are hilarious to share with the guys...never the current lady.

I think you're going to be looking at the module under the seat, or taking that panel apart. I've had that switch panel out before and dont recall seeing any sort of sealing around the panel aside from the rubber membrane for the buttons themselves. Silica is great because you can stash it in small areas easily. I suspect you'll come out the winner in this situation in one form or another!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:41 AM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You obviously don't understand hot women, especially hot, younger Eastern European women.
LOL - at the age of 48 I married a 24 yr old Russian that moved here (to Texas) when she was 3. We've been together for about 10 years and you're absolutely right.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WOMEN, ESPECIALLY HOT YOUNG EASTERN EUROPEAN WOMEN.

I will conquer all of mathematics, physics, chemistry, the meaning of life and middle eastern politics before I cross that bridge.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Meursault88
LOL - at the age of 48 I married a 24 yr old Russian that moved here (to Texas) when she was 3. We've been together for about 10 years and you're absolutely right.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WOMEN, ESPECIALLY HOT YOUNG EASTERN EUROPEAN WOMEN.

I will conquer all of mathematics, physics, chemistry, the meaning of life and middle eastern politics before I cross that bridge.
Lol, mine is Russian as wel and just about everything is more important than putting the top up including Louboutins and pedicures . . . although she cried about this one thinking I was going to get mad.

She was worried about “wearing out that little button that makes the top go up and down” so she just left it down. Can’t argue with that logic.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Lol, mine is Russian as wel and just about everything is more important than putting the top up including Louboutins and pedicures . . . although she cried about this one thinking I was going to get mad.

She was worried about “wearing out that little button that makes the top go up and down” so she just left it down. Can’t argue with that logic.
Mine was the solution to two of my problems. My friends were challenging me - find yourself a life partner - get into shape.

She solved both of those issues. I got married and now had the body of a 24 year old. (grin)
Old 07-19-2018, 05:04 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Porsche tech saying switch panel. The modules under the seat are functioning as intended. They will plug a new switch panel in tomorrow and see if that works.

Quick Reply: More wife damage, any ideas what get messed up here . . .