Sponsored by:

DSC Sport 997.1 Accelerometer Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 07:19 PM
kmetros
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DSC Sport 997.1 Accelerometer Install Question

I'm starting the install on my DSC Sport Accelerometer. I've located all of the wires, but have a question regarding the wiring installation- are these t-splices that they are referencing in the instructions, or are they actually cutting the wire and splicing the three ends together. The reason I'm asking is because I can't untwist the yellow and black with white tracer wires very far apart for working space. It looks like there is more room in the pictures. Were these wires cut, untwisted, and re spliced?

I don't do enough electrical stuff to know what the best thing to do. I'd rather not cut them all the way due to limited space, but then again they are twisted so close together I seem to have even less space.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 07-14-2018, 01:26 AM
maranag
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I just did this last night and know exactly what you are talking about. I started with the intention of soldering, but after taking in the situation I decided to T-splice. No way soldering was going to work without getting the help of someone a third my size. Anyways, the t splices are a tight fit, but work well! If I ever hit a bump and revert to limp home mode, I'll know where to look.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:49 AM
kmetros
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up soldering them in tact. It’s a tight fit in there for sure. Mine is in and seems to be running fine. I’m happy so far but would like to live with it for a day or two before leaving feedback. At the very least I’m not banging and crashing over every expansion gap on the road in Sport mode. That alone is worth the price of admission!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:56 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Remove some of the tape that is bundling the wires higher up and you will have more room to play with. Do not cut the wires! Use an appropriate wire stripper and pull the sheathing back far enough to be able to loop the dsc wire on and solder it all. Then recover in electrical tape. Once all done. You can rebundle all the wires and tape them all together tight again.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport 997.1 Accelerometer Install Question