Sponsored by:

Problem with Sonnen Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018 | 06:09 PM
JDev
Intermediate

Default Problem with Sonnen Porsche

I ordered a 1300 aerokit bumper.

After a full day of waiting could not get a shipping invoice to deliver it to my body shop. However they had confirmed via email that would, and what the cost would be.

I call to get the invoice, and the customer service rep says they won't send it to the bodyshop, but would talk to the manager to see about it. I've made plans already, and I'm in disbelief over this simple issue.

I call back in an hour and let him knw I think this is unacceptable. Ryan starts raising his voice and getting emotional. It would be hilarious, if I didn't need the problem resolved.

Hoping to get him to find his xy chromosomes, I tell him he's acting like my girlfriend. He hangs up on me.

They refund my order without a manager contacting me to find what the issue is. "We don't appreciate customers who get personally insulting, belligerent, or demeaning. Please take your business elsewhere." I'd say my new girlfriend wrote this.

They have really cheap prices, but I'll pay extra if I can have a more stable minded business for the money.
Old 05-18-2018 | 06:50 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

I use sonnenoemparts.com for all my parts because its my local dealer. They are cheaper than Suncoast and I can just go pickup the parts and save on shipping. They usually have everything I need in stock. The guys in the parts department are actually all good dudes but they aren't focused on the web business. Thats setup through Revolution Parts and just a way for them to pickup some extra bucks on the side. Their primary business is supplying the service department with overpriced parts.
Old 05-18-2018 | 09:51 PM
bmwfan328
Racer

I buy almost all of my OE Porsche parts from Ryan at Sonnen, and he has always been reasonable with my internet orders. When a problem did arise with incorrect shipping prices quoted by their online system, he was very accommodating and we compromised on the revised shipping costs with a few courteous emails. Another instance, I was missing a radio **** and and air filter housing mounting grommet in a fairly large order, Ryan kindly overnighted the parts at no extra cost to myself. We all have bad days, but perhaps his reaction was in response to the way you chose to voice your concerns.
Old 05-18-2018 | 10:51 PM
JDev
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bmwfan328
I buy almost all of my OE Porsche parts from Ryan at Sonnen, and he has always been reasonable with my internet orders. When a problem did arise with incorrect shipping prices quoted by their online system, he was very accommodating and we compromised on the revised shipping costs with a few courteous emails. Another instance, I was missing a radio **** and and air filter housing mounting grommet in a fairly large order, Ryan kindly overnighted the parts at no extra cost to myself. We all have bad days, but perhaps his reaction was in response to the way you chose to voice your concerns.
Fair enough. But in this case, as an organization they were in the wrong, and the initial response from Ryan was cavalier. I'm a really nice guy if you're trying, but many customers will not accept that level of service.
Old 05-19-2018 | 01:12 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Sonen is a Peter Sonnen cult of personality. The staff get away with a lot until something triggers Peter to get involved. I’ve heard too many stories to doubt anything the OP says. It’s just a dealership that is subject to the people who you are dealing with and does not seem to have a customer service ethos coming from the top. That is, if you have a good experience it is because you are dealing with a good person - but don’t expect thst to be the philosophy from the top down. I am sorry that you had a bad experience but understand that Sonnen is like the Wild West- “some times the bear bites you snd sometimes you bite the bear”.

Quick Reply: Problem with Sonnen Porsche