Sponsored by:

Durametric Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018 | 03:09 PM
997.1 Porsche C4
6th Gear

Default Durametric Pro

Hey guys,

I recently had to replace my rear control module, and let me tell you what a pain it has been trying to get one with a sunroof and a motorized wing. One would think that it's a pretty common combonation, but then again I'm sure not many are replacing their rear control module...

Anyhow I initially bought one from DC automotive, and it was for a convertible (according to my Durametric Enthusiast version) so my sunroof didn't work. I then created a thread to see if it's re programmable, and a member reached out to me and told me it is dependent on the iteration/version module I had.
I called the dealer and they said they're unsure, I would have to bring it in for them to find out but they will charge me a flat fee regardless if it worked or not.... In my thread a member of the community said he had one from his 997 C4S, and mine is a 997.1 C4. But when trying his module my sunroof worked but not my motorized wing. He forgot that he got it reprogrammed for a fixed wing.

After all that, I returned the DC automotive module, and want to keep the one I got from said member to keep the money in the community. On the bright side I definitely know the one I got is programmable, but I don't want to get bent over at the dealership...

So my question is, are they any members in CT area that has a pro version that I can use to reprogram my module, I will of course pay for a use.

Thanks for your time, cheers!

Tony
Old 03-09-2022 | 02:44 PM
Kaychub
Advanced

Did you eventually sort this out? I have Durametric Pro and just changed my rear module as well and got everything working even added some functions but my sunroof only works by lifting up not opening fully, I'm not sure if this is a bad motor or a programing issue, there's no sunroof in the coding section to even run activations on the rear module

Quick Reply: Durametric Pro