Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May be buying 997.1 th have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:47 PM
1nastyz
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be buying 997.1 th have questions.

I am on the verge of buying a dream car of mine since I was a kid. Had many cars over the last 35 years. Sold my 2006 viper coupe recently so I can get into a 911tt.
questions
1 I found one 10 hours away. Dealer sent me a ton of pics. Should I request and documentation besides carfax, autocheck which look clean. Porsche specific (PPI) or the like before driving 10hrs one way to look at.
2 Take it to a local Porsche dealer for a check.
Thanks for your help! I hope I posted in correct area.
PS I am a very picky car guy want an extremely clean car. See a lot of card that are nice but want the 9.9 out of 10 car.
T

Old 04-21-2018, 10:54 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

PPI by a dealer or a reputable Indy shop for sure before you go the distance. If you are really that picky about you vehicles then yes do the auto check. Make sure you have already driven a 911 model like you are wanting to buy. I know some that really have not liked the smallness of the cockpit, but they were bigger guys. Just do your homework.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:25 PM
1nastyz
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie
PPI by a dealer or a reputable Indy shop for sure before you go the distance. If you are really that picky about you vehicles then yes do the auto check. Make sure you have already driven a 911 model like you are wanting to buy. I know some that really have not liked the smallness of the cockpit, but they were bigger guys. Just do your homework.
doclouie thanks for feed back.
Yes driven 911 before. Actually my viper coupe was alot tighter cockpit. Kinda the reason for moving on to my dream car. Had a 700whp c5 supercharged corvette Z06 for about 4 years. Loved the performance. Viper had just as much performance and alot more attention but would wear a guy out after an hour or two of crusing around. Looking for the best of both worlds kinda. I built the motor myself in the corvette so I am somewhat mechanically inclined. Just new to the flat 6 platform.
Thanks again for your advise and help!

Quick Reply: May be buying 997.1 th have questions.