Sponsored by:

BBi Autosport Roll Bar or other??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 09:04 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default BBi Autosport Roll Bar or other??

Listers,

Looking for a bolt in rollbar option for my 997 with Bose and would like to keep the subwoofer. The BBi Autosport Roll Bar seems to be a good option, but quite pricey. There are other options like the RSS 901 or similar from Suncoast.

Has anyone used the BBi and could share some installation pictures of the mounting points?

Are there any other options out there for a bolt in bar (requiring no non-reversible changes) where I can also keep the Bose sub in the back and feel comfortable with the rollover protection?

thanks,
-Skip
Old 02-18-2018, 11:41 PM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

I’ve looked into this as well and for people with Bose the bbi seems the best option. Quality is also top notch. The seats can be moved back quite a bit compared to others. It mounts to front seat belt and rear strut towers. Some others mount to rear sealtbelt mount which is not the most optimal option I guess for chassis rigidity?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

The BBI is the only one I've found that allows Bose & bolts to the rear shock instead if the rear seatbelt mounts. You will need to trim the Bose mounting platform but I don't think it's major.
It's pricey but a nice piece. If you don't need the Shock tower type you can go with some of the others like GMG or RSS.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:12 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Hi Skip,

Thank you for mentioning our product and reaching out to us via email in which we responded earlier this morning! The best advantage of our is that it is allows you to retain the subwoofer while using the rear strut towers as the rear mounting mounts. Here is the first set of pictures of our bar installed into a 997 with a subwooder.

White BBi Roll Bar Installed in Porsche 997 with Bose Subwoofer

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 02-19-2018, 04:13 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Here is another car that has our BBi 996/997 roll bar and retained the subwoofer

997.2 Turbo GT2 Conversion getting BBi StreetCup Roll Bar in satin silver

- jerry@bbiautosport.com
Old 02-19-2018, 04:31 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,348 Likes on 792 Posts

+1 BBi Autosport

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 02-19-2018, 05:47 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by swftiii
Listers,

Looking for a bolt in rollbar option for my 997 with Bose and would like to keep the subwoofer. The BBi Autosport Roll Bar seems to be a good option, but quite pricey. There are other options like the RSS 901 or similar from Suncoast.

Has anyone used the BBi and could share some installation pictures of the mounting points?

Are there any other options out there for a bolt in bar (requiring no non-reversible changes) where I can also keep the Bose sub in the back and feel comfortable with the rollover protection?

thanks,
-Skip
I noticed they are careful to advertise these as harness bars...and none are fia approved or have any approvals at all for that matter. Is there any evidence these bolt in setups provide actual rollover protection as opposed to becoming projectiles in a serious collision? It would suck to have my neck broken by a bar that was supposed to protect me. I ask with honest curiosity not sarcasm.

mike
Old 02-19-2018, 06:52 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I noticed they are careful to advertise these as harness bars...and none are fia approved or have any approvals at all for that matter. Is there any evidence these bolt in setups provide actual rollover protection as opposed to becoming projectiles in a serious collision? It would suck to have my neck broken by a bar that was supposed to protect me. I ask with honest curiosity not sarcasm.

mike
Im glad I'm not the only one thinking this. Rear towers as a mounting point-great. Seatbelt mounts for the front? Are those designed to hold the weight of the car? Can the tabs that bolt to the seatbelt mount hold the weight?
Old 02-19-2018, 07:10 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Im glad I'm not the only one thinking this. Rear towers as a mounting point-great. Seatbelt mounts for the front? Are those designed to hold the weight of the car? Can the tabs that bolt to the seatbelt mount hold the weight?

I think any of us who have been around road courses a while remember seeing this article and the famous blue mustang ...

http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/aft/42413

I don't mean to suggest any issues at all with this BBI "harness bars" or any of the other Bolt on's because I don't know anything about them but I ask with curiosity because obviously they have absolutely no certifications and conform to no regulations that I'm aware so I want to make sure that at least they're not going to cause me more harm than good

Mike

Quick Reply: BBi Autosport Roll Bar or other??